McLaren MP4-30 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Thunder

Re: McLaren MP4-30 Pre-launch Speculation

bauc wrote:Any news when will the on-line presentation begin tomorrow? I've check their web-site but no specific details expect that is tomorrow :?
I don't know for sure, but Presentations at McLaren are usually at 10am UK Time right? So i hope this one is too.
I don't want to wait any longer, even 10am is too late. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

bauc

Thunders wrote:
bauc wrote:Any news when will the on-line presentation begin tomorrow? I've check their web-site but no specific details expect that is tomorrow :?
I don't know for sure, but Presentations at McLaren are usually at 10am UK Time right? So i hope this one is too.
I don't want to wait any longer, even 10am is too late. :D
I'll be on work so I'll re-check every 5 minutes just to be sure, but yes if I remember correctly the last few years the presentation started around 10-11 am UK time but I cant wait a minute longer :D
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Artur Craft

Richard wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:Well, my Spanish is not perfect and quite some things I couldn't get but the points that caught my attention:
_Marca say to have heard that the development team(under Promodrou since September 15th) have gained several aero points
They also say the the new car was already more efficient than its predecessor during the second half of November.
Statements like that have no value. What F1 engineer is going to say they've spent all year working on a design that is slower than the current car?
I think what they meant is that what they have gained/progressed, in this period of time, is more than what it's usually done.

I'm pretty confindent there will be some aero numbers leapfrog in Mclaren and the reason for it is simply Prodromou who's taking all Red Bull secrets there.

Mercedes was an utter dog in the second half of 2012. Still, by 2013, they were even faster than Red Bull in some tracks. The Honda PU likely won't be on par with Mercedes' but I won't be surprised at all if Mclaren closes to Red Bull and surpass Ferrari, in the process.

KingHamilton01

1pm in previous year's, would likely be the same? Is it an all press event or just a video and some pictures?
McLaren Mercedes

PlatinumZealot

Artur Craft wrote: I think what they meant is that what they have gained/progressed, in this period of time, is more than what it's usually done.

I'm pretty confindent there will be some aero numbers leapfrog in Mclaren and the reason for it is simply Prodromou who's taking all Red Bull secrets there.

Mercedes was an utter dog in the second half of 2012. Still, by 2013, they were even faster than Red Bull in some tracks. The Honda PU likely won't be on par with Mercedes' but I won't be surprised at all if Mclaren closes to Red Bull and surpass Ferrari, in the process.
Prodromu was originally a McLaren guy right? I wonder if he felt under appreciated while he was at RedBull?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Egresi Tamás

Jenson Button ‏@JensonButton
Good progress made in the simulator today, really good feeling 2 b working with the Honda engine engineers again #MclarenHondaOneTeamOneGoal

mikeerfol

Still nothing about when we'll see it though...

Egresi Tamás

https://twitter.com/HondaRacingF1 Honda F1 is on twitter! Official!

CptPeanut

KingHamilton01 wrote:1pm in previous year's, would likely be the same? Is it an all press event or just a video and some pictures?
It's not an all press event, believe it's just going to be a streamed online launch

KingHamilton01

I just have a horrible feeling that all the hype will mean we're let down by the car and livery, I sincerely hope this is not the case, don't let us down McLaren! Not 3 poor car's in a row [-o<
McLaren Mercedes

Intego

Does "Pre-launch Speculation" mean that we speculate HOW the launch will happen? :mrgreen:
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Racer X

Intego wrote:Does "Pre-launch Speculation" mean that we speculate HOW the launch will happen? :mrgreen:
Seems like it.

I'm just happy all the cars will be launching in the next few days now and soon enough we will be to racing. The wait is ending..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

michaelclarke

Racer X wrote:
Intego wrote:Does "Pre-launch Speculation" mean that we speculate HOW the launch will happen? :mrgreen:
Seems like it.

I'm just happy all the cars will be launching in the next few days now and soon enough we will be to racing. The wait is ending..
Amen to that. The teasing and everything is all very good, but I need a proper F1 fix at this point, haha.
“Keep learning, you’ll never know everything… Never think you’re the best, because you probably aren’t. And always strive to be the best; that is working hard and keep learning.” – Jensen Button.