Ferrari SF15-T Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Vasconia

Re: Ferrari 666 Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

WilliamsF1 wrote:Expecting the new Ferrari to be good.

The F14T with a bad engine was almost a match for the Red Bull car and this was with a nose which would be legal in 2015. If the engine is improved dramatically, it would be a good season for Ferrari.

Looking forward to them beating Red Bull for the first time since 2010
Wow, you are very very optimistic.

There are some reasons to be less optimistic than you:

1. The car development has an important delay(just announced by the team itself).
2. Dramatic staff changes during the most important weeks of the development of the car, this is never good.
3. The engine, ok, they can change more things that it was expected but I am not sure of how much they can improve.

Anyway, I hope I am wrong and they can release a competitive car.

Mesteño

F14T was only near Red Bull in the hands of Alonso, not Raikonnen for example. I mean, if they don't adapt the car to Kimi and Sebastian style (and they seem to be keeping the front pull rod), then they won't be near.

aleks_ader

Mesteño wrote:F14T was only near Red Bull in the hands of Alonso, not Raikonnen for example. I mean, if they don't adapt the car to Kimi and Sebastian style (and they seem to be keeping the front pull rod), then they won't be near.
Again pullrod is not the guarantee to successfully adaption to other driving style. If you AERO platform is not consistent and responsive enough no matter how hard you try to setup suspensions geometry there will be no gain.

Aero balance, smooth pressure transitions=predictability
uncontrolled stall (in some cases even desired) under pitch, yaw situations etc.=unpredictable

Plus Ferrari has now 3 years of experience with setup, manufacturing processes to exactly evaluate pros&cons of pullrod system. I think they need sort out PU drivebility first. Put all resources to make Kimmi and Seb "super-comfortable" with BBW and throttle pedal is the key in my opinion.

There are even benefits of lower chassis, witch makes pullrod even better (agle, CofG, lighter chasiss than from F2012-13 etc).
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Dream Theater

Good, now we can modify the thread name, as the name chosen for the 2015 single seater is SF15-T.

Here's the news:
http://formula1.ferrari.com/it/news/benvenuta-sf15-t
Last edited by Dream Theater on 26 Jan 2015, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

turbof1

Re: Ferrari SF15-T Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

Car name revealed - Changed topic title accordingly.
#AeroFrodo

Alexgtt

I wish they had some sort of sequential chassis naming. :?

I'm pretty down beat about the performance prospects with all the upheaval this last year. However, I'm more interested to see the 2015 Ferrari than almost every other car, just to see the direction Allison takes the car.

Morteza

Is that taken from a Sci-fi movie? :wink: It does not reveal much
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

astracrazy

Alexgtt wrote:I wish they had some sort of sequential chassis naming. :?
Ye i never get why ferrari never do it like the others. So what was the 666 name about then?

Dream Theater

astracrazy wrote:
Ye i never get why ferrari never do it like the others. So what was the 666 name about then?
It's a progressive project number. For example, F14-T was "Project 665", the F138 was "Project 664", and so on.

giantfan10

Morteza wrote:
it reveals a lot i think.... deeper note than last year... my best guess is that they are using the log style exhaust.

PlatinumZealot

giantfan10 wrote:
Morteza wrote:
it reveals a lot i think.... deeper note than last year... my best guess is that they are using the log style exhaust.
Or a bigger turbo.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

sounds tunnely to me, which suggests as cause being a larger 'resonating chamber' - which could indeed indicate a larger turbo intake port. That corresponds well with the picture of Vettel's seat fitting where the SF15-T's airbox and roll hooped seemed to be present, housing a significantly larger intake below the airbox, and above the driver's helmet.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

giantfan10

we shall soon find out in a couple days =D> .... about bleeping time lol
sounds a lot like the mercedes 2014 engine after listening to it again which had log tyle exhausts and a bigger turbo than the F14T so we may all be right