Mclaren MP4-29H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes

Yes.

An air-water intercooler placed low in the sidepod like the Lotus E22?
http://i.imgur.com/fLYaSWw.jpg

dren

Scarbs is suggesting there is a tubular exhaust with the compressor at the rear. The intercooler is on the opposite side compared to how Mclaren had the Merc unit installed.
Honda!

Blackout

Scarbs sees a longer airbox but when I compare to this pic I see a small air box which is very simlar to the Merc one (even the air filter area seems to be in the same place IMO) and I see an empty space just above the intake manifold (like the Merc layout). And look at the light red-pipe just behind the silver intake plenum (Mp4-H); It has the same position as the pipe that exits the second small radiator in the MercMp4-29

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Looks similar, if you compare it with the top picture of Blackout's last post.
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Blackout

You know what I mean?

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

That's what i meant :)
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Blackout

We posted in the same time : P

mikeerfol

Shouldn't all this go to the MP4-29 H thread? :P :P

turbof1

Re: Mclaren MP4-29H

I'm reopening the topic during the Abu Dhabi test. The Normal 29 topic will be closed during it. Chances are 2015 parts will be tested too at the test, but feel free to post that here too to avoid confusion.
#AeroFrodo

Thunder

So what are we expecting to learn from the following 2 Test Day?
RD already said we should not waste our Time looking at Lap Times (so no full Engine Power (which is totaly normal at this Point)) and i am quite sure we won't get any good Pictures from the PU. Even the Sound won't tell anything since it could easily change for the final Spec with different Layouts/Components used.
Will it be just the Aero Bit spotting Game as always?

Someone please manipulate the Engine Cover so it rips off like the Williams one. :D
Last edited by Thunder on 24 Nov 2014, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mikeerfol

And reliability as well.

turbof1

Thunders wrote:So what are we expecting to learn from the following 2 Test Day?
RD already said we should not waste our Time looking at Lap Times (so no full Engine Power (which is totaly normal at this Point)) and i am quite sure we won't get any good Pictures from the PU. Even the Sound won't tell anything since it could easily change for the final Spec with different Layouts/Components used.
Will it be just the Aero Bit spotting Game as always?
I think a lot of journalists are hanging around for the test, so we'll definitely get some pictures of the car driving around if lucky a sneaky picture or two from inside the garage.

In any case, it'll be a full blown test with race tyres and long distances. We'll learn quite a lot.
#AeroFrodo

Thunder

mikeerfol wrote:And reliability as well.
Didn't they already get more miles on the Engine on the Filming Day than Red Bull on the first Day of Winter testing? :twisted:

Really i just hope it's going to be 2 very productive Days with no huge Issues.
Last edited by Thunder on 24 Nov 2014, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

frosty125
frosty125

I wouldn't expect much regarding lap times.

I think we will learn some things about the reliability of the unit.

Speed trap could be an indication if they do put the engine to full power however I think lap times will be irrelevant.

Th3GoodSon

If it doesn't catch fire, explode or stop on track in a cloud of smoke I shall be a happy man. I'd certainly like to see a few aero tweaks and so on but having a reliable unit going forwards would be superb. Obviously one that's got enough grunt of course!

A solid day tomorrow with some long runs might mean we see something more interesting on Wednesday with luck too!