Mclaren MP4-29H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
The Moderator

Re: Mclaren MP4-29H

Trocola

Two laps and the car stopped on track. Great start for the car. Just like Red Bull on january.

mclaren111

Big changes to overall bodywork: Sidepods looks a lot "smaller" :

Thunder

@Trocola: Well no. They are in a much earlier Stage of development than Renault at the Winter testing. Seriously whoever expected a flawless first Day is delusional. Better to have these Problems now and sort it out over the Winter.
Last edited by Thunder on 25 Nov 2014, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

KingHamilton01

This is exactly why Honda need this early running to work on car toward's first test and be ready to put mileage on the engine, they still have 2morrow! anyway nothing they were not expecting.
McLaren Mercedes

frosty125

MP4-29 Merc didn't do a single lap on its first day of testing so not perfect but far from a disaster.

Juzh

frosty125 wrote:MP4-29 Merc didn't do a single lap on its first day of testing so not perfect but far from a disaster.
At least it didn't catch fire, right?

Trocola

The thing i do not understand is that they did the shakedown a couple of weeks ago in Silverstone. I though that was the system check and today they could start working. I did not expect them to do 100+ laps, but 2 laps I think it is not what someone would call a perfect day.

And if it is real what someone said on the previous page, that Honda had two different engine combinations (split turbo and "normal" turbo), this day with only 2 laps is a total failure.

Thunder

Silverstone was more or less a Shakedown and IT-Check if i got that right.
#aerogollum

KingHamilton01

Trocola wrote:The thing i do not understand is that they did the shakedown a couple of weeks ago in Silverstone. I though that was the system check and today they could start working. I did not expect them to do 100+ laps, but 2 laps I think it is not what someone would call a perfect day.

And if it is real what someone said on the previous page, that Honda had two different engine combinations (split turbo and "normal" turbo), this day with only 2 laps is a total failure.
Running the engine before next year's testing is a failure...? I think anything the can learn between now and when they first roll out the new car for pre-season is a bonus, not what I class as a total failure.
McLaren Mercedes

Thunder

#aerogollum

mikeerfol

Was it another 1 lap run? :P According to what I read they did only 3 installation laps..

Thunder

At least it seems like he got back to the Pits without Problems. So thats a positive.
#aerogollum

iotar__

Trocola wrote:The thing i do not understand is that they did the shakedown a couple of weeks ago in Silverstone. I though that was the system check and today they could start working. I did not expect them to do 100+ laps, but 2 laps I think it is not what someone would call a perfect day.
Without judging if it's a failure or normal there's a theme, on filming days everything is almost perfect, during regular tests not so much, just like Lotus ;-). Randomness or these tests are a bit different (at 50% compared to let's say 80% + which makes all the difference).

bauc

Thunders wrote:@Trocola: Well no. They are in a much earlier Stage of development than Renault at the Winter testing. Seriously whoever expected a flawless first Day is delusional. Better to have these Problems now and sort it out over the Winter.
Exactly! Good point
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg