Mclaren MP4-29H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Raleigh
Raleigh

Re: Mclaren MP4-29H

RA168E wrote:
dren wrote:That would be one real looker! That's close to the color Mclaren shows their road cars in.
Im still really hoping for a red and white car..or red and chrome, somehow throw a couple barcodes on the airbox..
I think silver/chrome can be ruled out, that's the color of McLaren-Mercedes, an era McLaren is probably ready to move on from...

Honda will be keen to visually mark the new era too, or perhaps hark back to the McLaren-Honda glory days, and their color has always been white, or red/white.

Since Williams is using a white livery right now they will probably opt for red/white, whether that's the Marlboro livery, some homage to it or something completely different. Alternatively, Honda has been using red/white/black on touring cars recently, might see that. Or maybe even the Marlboro pattern with white for Honda and orange for McLaren.

I do like the look of full orange, grids been missing color since Jordan left, but more likely the livery will be related to Honda at least in part.

xpensive
xpensive

What's wrong with this then, I'm certain Ron would love it?

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

PlatinumZealot

Honda marketing team and McLaren marketing team would have sat down to decide on a livery that suits them both. If the past is anything to go by, Honda is very unpredictable when it comes to livery.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ollandos
ollandos

take the classic mclaren honda livery and trade the colors.....
make the white rocket red white and the rocket red white ............... :mrgreen: =D> :o =D>

ollandos
ollandos

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

marcush.
marcush.

mikeerfol wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117127
McLaren-Honda F1 team embarks on 'recovery plan' after test trouble

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier says his Formula 1 team has implemented a recovery plan to fix the issues it suffered with its new Honda engine in post-season testing.

The Woking squad ran its Honda-engined MP4-29H development car in the final test of 2014 in Abu Dhabi last month, but the car completed just three full laps across two days as it suffered a spate of electrical problems.

Boullier said after the test that the car would be returned to Woking for a "full investigation" and did not rule out using another 'filming day' before 2015 testing commences to make up for lost time.

Speaking to reporters at a special media conference called to announce McLaren's 2015 driver line-up on Thursday, Boullier said work to fix the electrical problems was ongoing.

"They worked hard for a week, found out everything, and a recovery plan is in place," he said.

"It was not only one problem. There were hardware issues that made the wrong software codes, so we had to first find out what was wrong in the hardware system to fix the software system.

"Part of it has already been fixed, there are now some further tests on dynos to validate."
quite what i was thinking ..in simultanious engineering projects you have FIRST to make sure you are in sync at all times -that´s what release milestones are for .I fsome departments work quicker than others -which is a normal thing of life as not all tasks are equally time consuming(due to lead times for example) or complicated so it is hard to start at the same day and have your timing in synch at all milestones within your project....remember you can only do some things when a lot of work in other areas is already completed - ( you cannot lay up a monocoque if your mold is not yet available).

so really this is nothing more than some guys trying too hard to introduce the latest development as quickly as possible in my view .Or they had issues before and did not get everything needed ready in time and simply prayed they could create some workarounds but did not suceed in real world.Nothing to be worried about as the pressure of a real world test has surely allerted everyone involved just where there are weak links to be adressed.

dren

I am sure they expected issues, but I doubt they expected to get as little running as they did.

As for that ED livery, puke! The car sans livery on the other hand is rather good looking.
Honda!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

yeah that livery was too much.

this looked much better.

I actually expect something in the lines of this livery, but instead of earth dreams, i'd see a mclaren red-orange part like in the Vodafone sidepod days, and having the branding of MoviStar (or whatever their new Sponsor is).
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

astracrazy
astracrazy

I hated the whole earth dreams thing completely. I don't think we will see it again. It was Honda advertising there Earthdreams project and plastered there car with it. Obviously now they have other sponsors to consider + hopefully and new title sponsor.

I hope they go with something new for the new era. I'd be disappointed if they keep the same. Someone posted this in the team thread, which would look cool if done right

ringo

i think the chrome is distinctly mclaren. So we may just see more red on the car with some white and still mostly chrome.
The red with white only is very outdated and too flat. It's not something you would see on a modern car.
For Sure!!

geogate
geogate

marcush. wrote:
quite what i was thinking ..[snip]
An eminently sensible post.

diffuser

ringo wrote:i think the chrome is distinctly mclaren. So we may just see more red on the car with some white and still mostly chrome.
The red with white only is very outdated and too flat. It's not something you would see on a modern car.

What might be cool is the old livery swapping the white for the chrome? Something old, something new and if we add some blue ...Fernando and Dennis will get married ?

Huntresa
Huntresa

Why dont they just go Orange like a proper mclaren ?

Coefficient
Coefficient

Is this Fernando inadvertantly divulging the new paint job details?

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/formula-on ... .VJfb_cAOA
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".