2014 development race

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Who improved their car the most during the seson?

Mercedes
28%
Red Bull
26%
Williams
17%
Ferrari
No votes
mcLaren
26%
Force India
No votes
STR
1%
Lotus
No votes
Sauber
No votes
Caterham
1%

Total votes: 69

tomazy

2014 development race

Marussia is not incloudet becouse there can only be 10 options in a poll.

Moose

Re: 2014 development race

McLaren is the obvious choice, because they lifted their car up a few positions in the rankings, but for me, the answer is Williams. They came from in the pack, to basically be as fast as Merc at the end of the season. Amazing work for what is now such a small outfit.

timbo

This season I don't think there were some truly dramatic improvements from anybody.
Williamses are good point, but their performance was heavily track dominated and it might be that the tracks in the season beginning didn't favor them as much as most from the second half did.
McLaren improved but it's tough to read, it's not like they've ever come close to the Australia form. Also, it could be exactly that tracks also favor them a bit later in the season. They've clearly outpaced FI though.

Moose

I'm amazed that anyone is voting RedBull here. The team didn't bring any updates to the car for almost half the season. In terms of competitiveness they've barely moved from where they were (if anything dropping behind Williams).

timbo

Moose wrote:I'm amazed that anyone is voting RedBull here. The team didn't bring any updates to the car for almost half the season. In terms of competitiveness they've barely moved from where they were (if anything dropping behind Williams).
I didn't vote for them, but if one includes pre-season tests the leap from there they were to what form they had in early races is truly impressive. Didn't do much during the rest of the season, I agree.

piast9

Moose wrote:I'm amazed that anyone is voting RedBull here. The team didn't bring any updates to the car for almost half the season. In terms of competitiveness they've barely moved from where they were (if anything dropping behind Williams).
Well, I disagree. The car changed from an underpowered heap of junk which was not able to do 5 laps without smoking to the car that gave Riccardo some wins and third in the drivers championship. I think there were a lot changes but they were inside the chassis.

SectorOne

Probably Mercedes to be honest.

I think the only thing that actually stayed the same throughout the year was the wheel rims.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"