Force India VJM08 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder

Re: Force India VJM08 Speculation Thread

Not sure if it's the Final Nose but it looks miles better than that Williams Thing. Also i really like that Livery.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

FrukostScones

a guy on autosport forums says that FINDIA was thrown out the TMG windtunnel a couple of weeks ago for not paying... :shock:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

bauc

Nice Livery indeed, I think the best one for FI since they are in F1.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

scarbs

FrukostScones wrote:a guy on autosport forums says that FINDIA was thrown out the TMG windtunnel a couple of weeks ago for not paying... :shock:

Seeing as they only got into the tunnel a few weeks ago I doubt it. Unless TMG use a coinslot payment system for the tunnel and FIF1 run out of 1 euro coins!

Polemik

Thunders wrote:Not sure if it's the Final Nose but it looks miles better than that Williams Thing. Also i really like that Livery.
Really ?? It's a subjective thing !! I like much more the Williams solution (livery and even the nose) ... :wink:

bonjon1979

scarbs wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:a guy on autosport forums says that FINDIA was thrown out the TMG windtunnel a couple of weeks ago for not paying... :shock:

Seeing as they only got into the tunnel a few weeks ago I doubt it. Unless TMG use a coinslot payment system for the tunnel and FIF1 run out of 1 euro coins!
That's kind of what happened Scarbs, Vijay tried to force a few rupee's into the system but it just clogged it up. He tried the change machine but Ron was monopolising that repeatedly putting a 1 euro piece in, in the hope that it would dispense an even shinier 1 Euro piece. He's still there now, putting in a euro, getting another one out, not shiny enough, putting it in again. He might've gone mad but no one wants to say anything.

FrukostScones

bonjon1979 wrote:
scarbs wrote:

That's kind of what happened Scarbs, Vijay tried to force a few rupee's into the system but it just clogged it up. He tried the change machine but Ron was monopolising that repeatedly putting a 1 euro piece in, in the hope that it would dispense an even shinier 1 Euro piece. He's still there now, putting in a euro, getting another one out, not shiny enough, putting it in again. He might've gone mad but no one wants to say anything.
I think they forgot that the machine doesn't run with 1 Euro coins but with tokens... to buy at the Toyota HQ. :arrow:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Racer X

Polemik wrote:
Thunders wrote:Not sure if it's the Final Nose but it looks miles better than that Williams Thing. Also i really like that Livery.
Really ?? It's a subjective thing !! I like much more the Williams solution (livery and even the nose) ... :wink:
That how I feel about both Cars because they could both be showing an old chasis with an old rearwing and body work and only a nose that looks fit for regulations how ever isn't what they will use or not. Even their livery's both Force India or Willaims can submit a diffetent one to the FIA and just show us this one for initial launch or to use during teating'. McLaren has done so in the past'.

McLaren might do so again this year they say'.(livery) They might launch one and use another in the season'.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Manoah2u

I HATE IT that i can't view this video since i dont live in the UK :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ME4ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_YI_L2k8-Q

There you go :)

I find it interesting that in the end Ted talks about them possibly beating Lotus and/or Mclaren. What about Ferrari? Id say changes are better to actually beat Ferrari then Mclaren. Podiums sound a bit optimistic though, but sure, you never know.

zioture

comparison Nose 2014 VS 2015

Manoah2u

well, it's not the 2015 nose thats sure.
seems like some form of hybrid nose of 2014 with a vanity panel.

Appendage dimensions are exactly the same as the 2014 one, just look at that front wing (which is the same, too).
looks like they've adapted the pillar mounts and put a vanity panel over the 2014 nosecone : you can actually make out
the 'curvature' of the 2014 nose if you look good at the light distribution on the 2015 'showcar'.

i dunno, can't take conclusions of this though. it's a livery showcar, so, that's just it. I do think it's a hint to what the 2015 car might look like regarding the nose, just like williams it probably will be a good amount shorter.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

multisync

scarbs wrote:

Seeing as they only got into the tunnel a few weeks ago I doubt it.!
I believe they have been using Toyota's tunnel for far longer than that. Since Brackley has closed for f1 business and they had to nominate a tunnel the Toyota became their official WT that's all.

As regards being chucked out, It doesn't at all surprise me as when they were using the Aerolab tunnel and got behind on payments they only stumped up when the Italians turned off the data stream back to the UK engineers mid session.

I suspect they are on a weekly invoice. Although a week in advance would make more sense to me if I was the Toyota FD.