Force India VJM08 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Force India VJM08 Speculation Thread

kakogohrena wrote:pictures comparison vjm07 vs vjm08 http://mclarenf-1.com/index.php?page=srch&ch1=32&ch2=29
The chassis are indeed different. Look at the shoulder protectors and the roll hoop. Different to 2014. Could be a mock VJM08 chassis.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

f1316
f1316

If this is their actual nose then it's definitely better than *their* nose last year.

Fia might still not have got the regulations to achieve their desired ends but this one is at least a step in the right direction.

And the nose is probably the only thing other than the livery we can talk about.

Rob01
Rob01

The nose will not make/fit the current regs. The whole car is a mock up to show the new color scheme.

Vary
Vary

Pilatus wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: hands down the most beautifull car and livery for 2015, no doubt.
Sure it is.

For now, VJM08 is the only 2015 car. :D

astracrazy wrote: the only 2015 thing on this car is the nose, and even that could just be an early version

More likely that even FW is completely last season, only nose cone and pe**s-like add-on are 2015 spec.

http://i.imgur.com/KevUaXu.jpg

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 21ja64.jpg

Cascades, endplates, main plane, wing flaps.... all identical to VJM07 spec.

By comparing the front wings it seems to me that the nose is actually a 2014 nose covered to feel like a 2015 one...

Pilatus

Vary wrote: By comparing the front wings it seems to me that the nose is actually a 2014 nose covered to feel like a 2015 one...
Probably something like that, but pilons seems shorter.

And like FI anounced, today they revealed only livery.

And you don't need proper and legal car for livery show-off.
Even this Forcenstein is up to task.

CjC
CjC

Hydro-mechanical suspension anyone?
Just a fan's point of view

PlatinumZealot

CjC wrote:Hydro-mechanical suspension anyone?
The use that during testing sometimes.

CjC
CjC

What is it though?
Force India are leading me to believe it's on the car perminately.
Just a fan's point of view

SectorOne

So when they say hydro they donΒ΄t mean water right? Just some form of liquid?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

CjC wrote:What is it though?
I believe lots of teams have it, not really new just a means of doing away with the spring to replace it with a hydraulic system instead. Fric was an advance on this that hydraulically interconnected front and rear.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Vary wrote:
By comparing the front wings it seems to me that the nose is actually a 2014 nose covered to feel like a 2015 one...
You know what, i think you're actually right. It looks like they've putten a vanity panel on the 2014 nose.
The beam winged-rearwing indeed is the 2012 VJM05 version.

I guess they really intended to confuse.

Nevertheless, this looks absolutely stunning.
Pilatus wrote:
Sure it is.

For now, VJM08 is the only 2015 car. :D
Well doh, except for the fact the Williams has been revealed already, too and it kicks the Williams in the groin on beauty, even though this one isn't actually like the real version will be, so - i guess we'll have to wait till february.

I meant to say that this is such a gorgeous desing and livery that i have a really hard time believing there will be anything better-looking than this. Even a mirror-shine Merc probably won't be as beautifully done as this.

Positively surprised with how this livery turned out. Expected a near-total black with green and bits of orange, didn't expect such a elegant design, looks very Mclaren-ish. I can actually imagine myself some West logos on the side and the orange being red to have a modernised version of Hakkinen's cars.

Anyway, looks absolutely great, too bad it won't run like this though.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Racer X

I think most of us have kind of agreed that this was merely a car built out of spare parts to show the livery. Force India said they wont show the actual car till Barcelona. They will to push development till they can I wonder what car they will run at Jerez i wonder if it will be the 2014 car with just the updated front wing?? This would be really good as they could then test the out the front wing with the 2014 car i mean they could roll out what they last ran at Abu Dabi and just reference the date from that test to this car and better understand the front wing and and then not reveal much date but still get some good time out on track.. This way they can also wait a bit to see the other teams..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Intego

Have been absent from the forum for a while, so hello again, guys.

I also like the livery and yes, I could live with that nose. But I don't think we will see that approach on the nose cone again. Aerodynamicists want to let the front wing work without interference, so the nose is way too long. It will probably be as short as the Williams one. SFI's last year's nose started right behind the wing apart from the mandatory "crash structure". It's a common design.
Remember the strong efforts of AMG Merc to make its short nose pass the crash test. Only the forth (or so) attempt after weeks was successful.

I think it's the 2014 nose with some plastics around as someone mentioned earlier in this topic.
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

PlatinumZealot

CjC wrote:What is it though?
I saw a video of a force india straight line test and they were adjusting the cars ride height on the fly with the installed hydraulic suspension. Of course they wont use that on an actual race weekend but it is very handy for testing.

Magoo

SectorOne wrote:So when they say hydro they donΒ΄t mean water right? Just some form of liquid?

Hydraulic fluid.