Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

Nothing is truly official until they effectively fired up an engine with the tokens. Until that point they are free to change whatever they want.
#AeroFrodo

Morteza

According to this link Ferrari modified the cylinder head and all parts that have to do with the combustion with the 3 token they have used. I translated it with Google Translate. I guess it is more or less accurately translated.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 39536.html
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

3jawchuck

Morteza wrote:According to this link Ferrari modified the cylinder head and all parts that have to do with the combustion with the 3 token they have used. I translated it with Google Translate. I guess it is more or less accurately translated.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 39536.html
There is an item that takes 3 tokens to change:

"All parts of parts defining combustion. Included: Ports, Piston crown, Combustion chamber, Valves geometry, timing, lift, injector nozzle, coils, spark plug Excluded: Valves position."

I guess that one is what they used, plus some reliability changes too no doubt.

Hail22

Scuderia Ferrari, Canadian GP - Montreal June 5-7

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Froggolo

old sidepods spec? or am i wrong?
hmmm
Relax, man. Have an elliptical drink or something® ( bhallg2k )

TechF1

Froggolo wrote:old sidepods spec? or am i wrong?
hmmm
You're wrong :)

Froggolo

TechF1 wrote:
hmmm
i hope so, because this was already gossiped by some italian site
and i wish badly they continue with updated parts
as this would show the developing path is right
and track datas correlate with wind tunnel ones
Relax, man. Have an elliptical drink or something® ( bhallg2k )

Mr.G

You can clearly see it's the new one.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

tuj
tuj

VLIM? variable length intake manifold? Eg. sliding trumpets? Cool tech, but hardly new. Why can't we give the teams variable cam phasing, maybe variable lift/profile? Even the cheapest Civic has that tech now. I digress..

FrukostScones

tuj wrote:VLIM? variable length intake manifold? Eg. sliding trumpets? Cool tech, but hardly new. Why can't we give the teams variable cam phasing, maybe variable lift/profile? Even the cheapest Civic has that tech now. I digress..
yes, it was not permitted in 2014 but is llowed from 2015 onwards, that'S why it's "new"
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

TechF1

Froggolo wrote:
TechF1 wrote:
hmmm
i hope so, because this was already gossiped by some italian site
and i wish badly they continue with updated parts
as this would show the developing path is right
and track datas correlate with wind tunnel ones
You don't have to hope you've to look: it's the new configuration, italian's sites need clicks and they love to talk about nothing, no aerodinamic upgrade can help to recover 50hp, believe in what the photos show to you not in what people say.
However also the engine upgrades (just three tokens), don't give you 30hp, the want just to recover what they lost after new fuel flow rules.
At Monza we will see a "real" upgrade as Marchionne said. IMHO

tuj
tuj

the want just to recover what they lost after new fuel flow rules.
Do you think Ferrari were the only ones doing this, or was Merc and maybe Renault too?

TechF1

tuj wrote:
Do you think Ferrari were the only ones doing this, or was Merc and maybe Renault too?
Yes for sure, but this is a Ferrari thread, and storically Ferrari's engine has bigger fuel consumption, and need a little bit more fuel... just my thoughts :wink:

BanMeToo

Yea I don't buy that at all.

f1316

TechF1 wrote:
tuj wrote:
Yes for sure, but this is a Ferrari thread, and storically Ferrari's engine has bigger fuel consumption, and need a little bit more fuel... just my thoughts :wink:
I don't think there's any evidence to suggest Ferrari were doing this or have been hurt by stricter rules; the articles I've read suggest nobody was doing anything wrong and the tightening of rules (or rather measurement) was just to address general speculation.