Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Morteza

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

Via @sportnotizie24

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Juzh

That's a lot of wing for monza.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

It think they would would change it later. They did the same in Spa and but changed it before practice 1.

But if they don't then they seem to have a lot of confidence in this new PU. When Arrivabene said in Spain GP that 70% of car will be changed it was not 70% changed but now he said they don't expect a super engine so we can be optimistic that it can be closer or on par with Mercedes PU.

James Allison said it long back that we will get to see the S-F15t in its best in Monza.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

F1NAC

Yes but it does not surprise me at all. Ferrari tends to add gurney flap last few years if i'm not mistaken

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Are they trying something new like experimenting low downforce on one car and high downforce on other. Trying high downforce will mean better cornering at Biassono, Lesmo and Parabolica and late braking too.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

zioture
zioture

Forza

Italian GP - Friday

Sevach
Sevach

Silent Storm wrote:It think they would would change it later. They did the same in Spa and but changed it before practice 1.

But if they don't then they seem to have a lot of confidence in this new PU. When Arrivabene said in Spain GP that 70% of car will be changed it was not 70% changed but now he said they don't expect a super engine so we can be optimistic that it can be closer or on par with Mercedes PU.

James Allison said it long back that we will get to see the S-F15t in its best in Monza.

According to this Ferrari has not used any tokens in Monza.

turbof1

(They are slowly running out of colours for Honda...)

Tokens are only used if the PU with the token updates is fired up in the pitbox during a race weekend. So they might have new PU laying around somewhere, but until the moment they effectively used, the tokens are not used.

Also, Ferrari will now have to take penalties in order to use those tokens, except if they are contained to the MGU-K, ES (very doubtful anyone would update that) or the CE (also quite doubtful).
#AeroFrodo

f1316
f1316

But surely if they're now on their 4th ice, it means they fitted a new one this weekend? That being the case, they're not going to then fit a 5th, with tokens used, on the same weekend.

Everything I have read so far seems to be about the Mercedes token usage but no confirmation on Ferrari using any.

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

f1316 wrote:But surely if they're now on their 4th ice, it means they fitted a new one this weekend? That being the case, they're not going to then fit a 5th, with tokens used, on the same weekend.

Everything I have read so far seems to be about the Mercedes token usage but no confirmation on Ferrari using any.
Mr. Arivabene confirmed that Ferrari spend couple of tokens for Monza.

Q: (Peter Farkas - Auto Motor) Maurizio, could you please confirm that Ferrari has upgraded its engine for Monza and by how much?

MA: The super engine, the famous super engine. We’ve spent a couple of tokens here but we have a little improvement but we are far from this super engine that has been mentioned, a lot of time. I can confirm that we have spent a couple of tokens but I don’t confirm that we have a super engine here. We have a Ferrari engine, this is enough.

ME4ME

I can confirm that we have spent a couple of tokens but I don’t confirm that we have a super engine here. We have a Ferrari engine, this is enough.
Sounds confident. Maybe the can turn up the power some more tomorrow and suprice a few people :)

f300v10
f300v10

ME4ME wrote:
I can confirm that we have spent a couple of tokens but I don’t confirm that we have a super engine here. We have a Ferrari engine, this is enough.
Sounds confident. Maybe the can turn up the power some more tomorrow and suprice a few people :)
Second and third only .2 off Hamilton, so they suprised me. :) Car looked very good in the corners and is competitive on the straights as well.

So did Ferrari use 2 or 3 tokens this weekend? I still can't find anything official on their token usage or what parts were modified.

timbo
timbo

Interesting they could up their game come qualifying. Something which didn't happen to them often this season.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Ferrari using asymmetric brake baskets on the SF-15T this weekend.

Right front

Left Front