Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Hail22

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

RZS10 wrote:
Some special cover to preheat the brakes?
Yes seeing as the brake ducts are sealed with a temperature controlled Bosch heatgun securely attached to the housing feeding hot air around the brake drum.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

wuzak
wuzak

RZS10 wrote:
Some special cover to preheat the brakes?
Probably to do with the set up discs they use instead of wheels to set the corner weights of the car.

Hail22

Suzuka - Qualifying

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Hail22

Russian GP - Sochi Wednesday

Gilles Villeneuve

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

New slotted brake duct vanes on Seb's car in Sochi.

Hail22

Russian GP - Thursday

Gilles Villeneuve

Hail22

Russian GP - Friday

Gilles Villeneuve

Hail22

Russian GP - Qualifying

Gilles Villeneuve

GoranF1
GoranF1

Ferrari plans to run 2016 PU on Kimi's car in USA.
Are tokens Ferrari has enough for such big changes,if not how are they allowed to run this engine this year?
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... ation.html
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

ferkan
ferkan

Engine block is 2 tokens and placement of MGUK is 2 tokens. So thats 4 tokens that they will use at Austin since they cant homologate engine that uses more tokens and therefore cannot run it at all.

f1316
f1316

If this is all for packaging, rather than power, then presumably Ferrari will have some accompanying bodywork for this update ? Unless it's just to verify that the engine functions correctly in this layout?

FrukostScones

omincorse on Ferrari PU use in USA:

https://translate.google.de/translate?s ... t=&act=url
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

trinidefender
trinidefender

Not sure if this was on the car but take a look at the front wing. Attached to the second to top element on the fixed part of the front wing seems to be a small vane thatr helps turn airflow upward.

Edit, never mind on it being new. From looking at previous pics I can see it from Singapore, didn't bother to check before that. It also seems to have a horizontal turning effect as well as an upward one.

turbof1

trinidefender wrote:http://img1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Fer ... 903208.jpg

Not sure if this was on the car but take a look at the front wing. Attached to the second to top element on the fixed part of the front wing seems to be a small vane thatr helps turn airflow upward.

Edit, never mind on it being new. From looking at previous pics I can see it from Singapore, didn't bother to check before that. It also seems to have a horizontal turning effect as well as an upward one.
That's the IR tyre sensor if I'm not mistaken, not a vane. This picture make that clear:

EDIT: I think your image shows only the piece on which you attach the actual sensor, so it's incomplete.
#AeroFrodo

trinidefender
trinidefender

turbof1 wrote:
trinidefender wrote:http://img1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Fer ... 903208.jpg

That's the IR tyre sensor if I'm not mistaken, not a vane. This picture make that clear:
http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Fer ... 884817.jpg

EDIT: I think your image shows only the piece on which you attach the actual sensor, so it's incomplete.
I had thought so but in my image and in a few images from Russia it had an unmistakable concave shape as well. I'm wondering if that was originally the tyre temp sensor then Ferrari realised it had aerodynamic advantages so shaped it further.

It may be attachment point for the sensor but I don't think so as it looks to be totally smooth.

Edit: unless my eyes are seriously playing tricks on me these days.