Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
TechF1

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

Gilles 27 wrote:
Imho they use highspeed camera and need the lights to brighten the dark Spot up.
Yes could be

timbo

F1NAC wrote:Don't they measure ride height aswell?
A red laser is used for ride height measurement.

Manoah2u

Ferrari's new tactic; blind the drivers behind so they can't overtake :lol:

[jk offcourse]

interesting, can't remember seeing anybody else use this kind of 'filming'
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

SRK
SRK

damn beam... :?

Manoah2u

So i assume both Ferrari and Mclaren will wait for Melbourne to come up with the short nose?

excellent shots, SRK.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

TechF1

Manoah2u wrote:So i assume both Ferrari and Mclaren will wait for Melbourne to come up with the short nose?

excellent shots, SRK.
Short nose mean a SF15 - T B spec, 'cause they should change many many other parts as well. :P

Juzh

TechF1 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:So i assume both Ferrari and Mclaren will wait for Melbourne to come up with the short nose?

excellent shots, SRK.
Short nose mean a SF15 - T B spec, 'cause they should change many many other parts as well. :P
There's no such thing as a B car anymore.

TechF1

Juzh wrote:
TechF1 wrote:

excellent shots, SRK.
There's no such thing as a B car anymore.
Yes i agree, i clearly mean we will NOT see any short nose in Melbourne.

Advino116

Does anyone know why are they running positive camber at the rear? Isn't that the worse thing to to do for corners?

Or is it just the angle?

ME4ME

Seems like most teams run positive camber, looking at tyre wear and the stripes visible on worn tyres.

But I guess the camber turns neutral when the car is aerodynamically loaded at low to medium speeds for optimum traction. But that's pure speculating on my side though, could be wrong.

JDC123

ME4ME wrote:Seems like most teams run positive camber, looking at tyre wear and the stripes visible on worn tyres.

But I guess the camber turns neutral when the car is aerodynamically loaded at low to medium speeds for optimum traction. But that's pure speculating on my side though, could be wrong.
Absolutely not. All teams run negative camber front and rear, the rears are just run at a lower angle than the front, typically 1-2 degrees. U run negative camber so that the outside tyres through a corner have maximum contact patch under sheer with the tarmac. Ideally you would want the inside tyre to have positive camber so that the sheer force pulls the contact patch inwards to the centre line of the car. It's not just as simple as saying negative camber is better. Suspension setup is all about comprimise.

PhillipM

There was a push towards much less rear - in fact nearly nothing or slightly positive in droop on some cars - camber when they were struggling to get tyre life out of the Pirellis - they have a very rounded shoulder and profile at the rear so I assume they were trying to use the inner shoulder down the straights to even wear treadwear out.

stefan_

2015 Winter testing | Session 3, Day 4 - Circuit de Catalunya, Spain (01.03.2015)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Alexgtt

Very big front brake ducts on the Ferrari, not sure why?

**Edit - apologies, forgot they're blowing the hub **

Cracking detailed pictures, thanks for posting. =D>
Last edited by Alexgtt on 02 Mar 2015, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

poolboy67

Alexgtt wrote:Very big front brake ducts on the Ferrari, not sure why?

Cracking detailed pictures, thanks for posting. =D>
most likely just for reliability during testing. i'm sure they'll bring correct sized ducts for the races.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.