Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

poolboy67 wrote:
Alexgtt wrote:Very big front brake ducts on the Ferrari, not sure why?

Cracking detailed pictures, thanks for posting. =D>
most likely just for reliability during testing. i'm sure they'll bring correct sized ducts for the races.
No, they're the correct size when the team run the blown front axle's.

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

[quote="stefan_"]2015 Winter testing | Session 3, Day 4 - Circuit de Catalunya, Spain (01.03.2015)

I am big Ferrari fan BUT look at the rear of the car. Bodywork is so much more open around exhaust then RB and Merceres. Even Ferrari FW looks much more simple. I don´t think Ferrari has enough downforce.

f1316
f1316

Seems to me that Ferrari still have good scope to get the bodywork tighter around the exhaust. Obviously there's cooling to consider but Sauber already seem to have gone down that route without issue.

Given their reasonable showing in testing, it's quite encouraging to see this kind of opportunity as yet untapped. Unlike most things we look at on these cars, shrink-wrapping that rear bodywork is a pretty standard move across the teams.

Also the fact that another engine upgrade - which they wouldn't do unless significant- is scheduled for Spain is encouraging, I'd say.

poolboy67

BIRDSTRIKE! :)
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

timbo
timbo

Wow, when did it happen?

santos
santos

What happened with the rear wing???

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

It was during Vettel race simulation of sunday.. It was a bird who cause that..

Hopefully for them it was during testing.. Imagine that during a race.. it's a DNF.. Because of a bird :lol:

erlik
erlik

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:It was during Vettel race simulation of sunday.. It was a bird who cause that..

Hopefully for them it was during testing.. Imagine that during a race.. it's a DNF.. Because of a bird
It looks like Kimi's helmet

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

It is, i'm blind :lol:

matr!x
matr!x

omnicorse reported that... http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/49251/ ... un-uccello
it was happened on saturday, during kimi tests

ringo

the leading edge of the end plate looks similar to the redbull's
For Sure!!

turbof1

I'm currently working on drawings of the wing, so I'm having my nose deep into its details - and it has lots of them.

Ferrari have dropped their overall wing philosophy in favor of a more Mercedes-alike one. However, what they did not drop is how they shape their elements in complex shapes. With most other teams I've found that they tent to use a seperate part of bodywork for sudden and drastic changes in the 3 dimensional shape surface. Ferrari however tries more to keep things within the same part. For instance their main plane is truly a masterpiece. Other teams usually connect seperate elements to the neutral section and stack them there. Ferrari however molded those into one piece, with a slot inbetween, and has a very complex shape close to the neutral section. I think they want to create spanwise flow at that region.
#AeroFrodo

Advino116
Advino116

turbof1 wrote:I'm currently working on drawings of the wing, so I'm having my nose deep into its details - and it has lots of them.

Ferrari have dropped their overall wing philosophy in favor of a more Mercedes-alike one. However, what they did not drop is how they shape their elements in complex shapes. With most other teams I've found that they tent to use a seperate part of bodywork for sudden and drastic changes in the 3 dimensional shape surface. Ferrari however tries more to keep things within the same part. For instance their main plane is truly a masterpiece. Other teams usually connect seperate elements to the neutral section and stack them there. Ferrari however molded those into one piece, with a slot inbetween, and has a very complex shape close to the neutral section. I think they want to create spanwise flow at that region.
Not sure if they are the first to do that? I think Sauber's FW near the neutral section has the same overall shape but is even more complex than Ferrari's? I think Ferrari's should be more effective though, judging from the strength of their budget.

I'll wait till the article to see what you are referring to though. Could be you are seeing and understanding something I don't

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

Advino116 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:I'm currently working on drawings of the wing, so I'm having my nose deep into its details - and it has lots of them.

Not sure if they are the first to do that? I think Sauber's FW near the neutral section has the same overall shape but is even more complex than Ferrari's? I think Ferrari's should be more effective though, judging from the strength of their budget.

http://i.imgur.com/ZVX7Fen.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ksQZS5D.jpg

I'll wait till the article to see what you are referring to though. Could be you are seeing and understanding something I don't
Ferrari FW and aerowork looks simple compared to Mercedes and RB. Main plane consist of 4 element total. Look att RE frontwing. Their mainplane consist of 5-6 elements.