Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ringo

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

The colour seems to be in the grooved seat of the parts. Exhuast shouldnt be in the gaskets or sealing areas, so Ccances are it's a coating that maybe has broken down a bit by temperature. So either a coating or dye,..as to if the dye breaks down in the combustion process, i couldn't say.
For Sure!!

Silent Storm

According to Gazzetta Ferrari has tested a new powerful PU with Sauber which has only 30hp less than Mercedes. This PU will debut in May.

This new PU was used in last 2 days of winter testing in Montmelo. Ferrari PU has around 800hp to which atleast 20hp will be added with the first development. Also according to Gazzetta Mercedes PU makes around 840hp.

Something does not feel right about these numbers to me. I think the gap is around 20-30hp at the moment.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Fer.Fan

Silent Storm wrote:According to Gazzetta Ferrari has tested a new powerful PU with Sauber which has only 30hp less than Mercedes. This PU will debut in May.

This new PU was used in last 2 days of winter testing in Montmelo. Ferrari PU has around 800hp to which atleast 20hp will be added with the first development. Also according to Gazzetta Mercedes PU makes around 840hp.

Something does not feel right about these numbers to me. I think the gap is around 20-30hp at the moment.
Do you have link to Gazzeta claim?

Sevach

Silent Storm wrote:According to Gazzetta Ferrari has tested a new powerful PU with Sauber which has only 30hp less than Mercedes. This PU will debut in May.

Didn't Ferrari deny that they would have less power than in Barcelona?

Silent Storm

Fer.Fan wrote:

It's in the newspaper.

F1NAC

Maybe they ran different pu (weaker) than Sauber(test engine more hp) and with that weaker continued on Melborune. so they actually had same hp like in Barcelona. But who knows.will see in May

Silent Storm

Sevach wrote:

Yes they did and according to Ferrari the current PU is the same PU they used in Barcelona.

f300v10

Silent Storm wrote:
Sevach wrote:

Yes they did and according to Ferrari the current PU is the same PU they used in Barcelona.
Gazzetta says Sauber ran the more powerfull PU in Barcelona, not Ferrari. Not saying its true, just that it would be consistent with Ferrari saying the PU they ran in Melbourne is the same as Barcelona. But perhaps not Sauber.

TechF1

Fer.Fan wrote:

i think it's totally off topic, but anyway... :oops:

f300v10

From Sepang Thursday, Sutton via SomersF1.co.uk :

Morteza

Wrong post
Last edited by Morteza on 26 Mar 2015, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

fawe4

Obviously. I only posted the link since picture is already displayed in f300v10's post.

Fer.Fan

fawe4 wrote:
Obviously. I only posted the link since picture is already displayed in f300v10's post.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-arwmsVHLvb8/V ... 6ma529.jpg
more pictures

Fer.Fan

fawe4 wrote:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-arwmsVHLvb8/V ... 6ma529.jpg