Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

Typical eningeer playing things down before job is done. Data so far showing It is mostly power delivery and tyre use. the aero efficiency is up there..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ME4ME

PlatinumZealot wrote:Typical eningeer playing things down before job is done. Data so far showing It is mostly power delivery and tyre use. the aero efficiency is up there..
Data shows Ferrari are actually slower in sector 2 (FP3, Malaysia) then Mercedes, Williams and Redbull.
Driveability seems great, especially looking at the last corner where Ferrari are the smoothest, and tyre usage seems spot-on as well. So no, Ferrari's aero isn't up to Mercedes level yet.

Silent Storm

ME4ME wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Typical eningeer playing things down before job is done. Data so far showing It is mostly power delivery and tyre use. the aero efficiency is up there..
Data shows Ferrari are actually slower in sector 2 (FP3, Malaysia) then Mercedes, Williams and Redbull.
Driveability seems great, especially looking at the last corner where Ferrari are the smoothest, and tyre usage seems spot-on as well. So no, Ferrari's aero isn't up to Mercedes level yet.
He said aero efficiency not downforce. I think aero efficiency of the Ferrari is as good as Williams not Mercedes as Merc setup their car for higher downforce.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

markp

Can you post the data you have on this?

Fer.Fan

f300v10 wrote:
Fer.Fan wrote:
Nice pictures!
How can I paste a new picture and not only copy picture-link address? I tried to paste pictures a few times but I was not able to. I don´t know how. :(
In the reply edit window there is a Img above the text area. Click that and two tags will appear with the cursor in the middle. Paste the image URL in between the two tags and you are done.
Thank you but it did´t work. When I tried to paste image in between the two tags (img), right click-function paste is gray. :( :(

Well done from Ferrari in qualify!

Morteza

Formula1.com wrote:Trialed last year on the Ferrari, in the end the team’s blown front axle wasn’t used in a race. This year the solution is an integral part of the front aero layout on the SF15-T. In fact in 2015 there are three teams with the potential to use this device, which aids brake cooling and reduces drag: Red Bull (who were the first to introduce it), Ferrari and McLaren. The latter’s MP4-30 also has wider central hubs at the back, allowing the team to use the same wheel gun assembly front and rear.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Bomber_Pilot

Fer.Fan wrote:
f300v10 wrote:
Fer.Fan wrote:
Nice pictures!
How can I paste a new picture and not only copy picture-link address? I tried to paste pictures a few times but I was not able to. I don´t know how. :(
In the reply edit window there is a Img above the text area. Click that and two tags will appear with the cursor in the middle. Paste the image URL in between the two tags and you are done.
Thank you but it did´t work. When I tried to paste image in between the two tags (img), right click-function paste is gray. :( :(

Well done from Ferrari in qualify!
Make sure that you copy the URL (web adress of the image) not the image itself.

PlatinumZealot

markp wrote:
Can you post the data you have on this?
8) i could but it is not really necessary now is it?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

F1.Ru

Ferrari SF15-T - blown front axle

Trialed last year on the Ferrari, in the end the team’s blown front axle wasn’t used in a race. This year the solution is an integral part of the front aero layout on the SF15-T...

In fact in 2015 there are three teams with the potential to use this device, which aids brake cooling and reduces drag: Red Bull (who were the first to introduce it), Ferrari and McLaren. The latter’s MP4-30 also has wider central hubs at the back, allowing the team to use the same wheel gun assembly front and rear.

© Formula1.com & Giorgio Piola
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Fer.Fan

ImageImage

Compare Mercedes and Ferrari FW.
Ferraris looks more simple. During qualify Mercedes had massive advantage in mid sector duo to their better aero.

Blackout

Strange black thing above the tubo area. An oil tank?

giantfan10

Fer.Fan wrote:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4d76MsZ1AYg/V ... 28ma45.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5pHIK7CsP_c/V ... 8ma489.jpg

Ferraris looks more simple. During qualify Mercedes had massive advantage in mid sector because they have a more powerful pu and can run more downforce with less drag penalty.
your pictures show that mercedes is running a lot more front downforce than ferrari.i dont think ferrari has the pu to be competitive while running that much downforce.
FIXED
Last edited by giantfan10 on 28 Mar 2015, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Moose

giantfan10 wrote:
Fer.Fan wrote:[imhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4d76MsZ1AYg/VRaS8LhaJFI/AAAAAAAAS30/7Raq2rQzQgA/s1600/dcd1528ma45.jpgg][/http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5pHIK7CsP_c/V ... 489.jpgimg]

Ferraris looks more simple. During qualify Mercedes had massive advantage in mid sector because they have a more powerful pu and can run more downforce with less drag penalty.
FIXED
Who says they have a more powerful PU? What evidence do you have for that?

NoDivergence

giantfan10 wrote:
Fer.Fan wrote:[imhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4d76MsZ1AYg/VRaS8LhaJFI/AAAAAAAAS30/7Raq2rQzQgA/s1600/dcd1528ma45.jpgg][/http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5pHIK7CsP_c/V ... 489.jpgimg]

FIXED
Just stop. They chose different aero philosophies. Has nothing to do with PU