Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

pastaracing wrote:If they want to upgrade with tokens, I think they have to force Sauber to change engine too. They can't have two different spec homologated. As I can see, only Ferrari switched to the second engine, Sauber is still on their first engine.
No they can run 2 different specs. Charley has given the permission to do so, because else you'd always end up with teams being off their allocation plan.
#AeroFrodo

giantfan10

turbof1 wrote:
pastaracing wrote:If they want to upgrade with tokens, I think they have to force Sauber to change engine too. They can't have two different spec homologated. As I can see, only Ferrari switched to the second engine, Sauber is still on their first engine.
No they can run 2 different specs. Charley has given the permission to do so, because else you'd always end up with teams being off their allocation plan.
lol i should have waited 2 seconds to ask that question : )

f300v10

OK, I asked @tgruener of AMUS if PU#2 used any development tokens, and his answer was no, same spec as PU#1. This would seem to rule out Ferrari's anticipated PU upgrade for the Spanish GP. No addtional HP until PU#3.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Blackout

Everybody has that layout.

scarbs

The gearbox is subtly different to others, but the reason has been missed in that write up.

atlantis

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 1253238787 Is it a new fw spec? Looks similar to the one Mcerceds used in China.
edit = I'm talking about the black part :)

mkable1370

Definitely a new front wing spec. Agreed, it does resemble the Mercedes front wing.

[EDIT] My mistake. It does appear that it is the same wing, but with the end plate is missing.
Last edited by mkable1370 on 17 Apr 2015, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

froggy

Don't think so. I think Vettel just took the end plate off when he hit Perez in turn 1.

tony77g

Photo 2014 Ferrari F14-T
Piola says is new
In 2014 it was so

Image[/URL]

PlatinumZealot

It is different. This year gearbox is much longer in my view.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

wuzak

f300v10 wrote:OK, I asked @tgruener of AMUS if PU#2 used any development tokens, and his answer was no, same spec as PU#1. This would seem to rule out Ferrari's anticipated PU upgrade for the Spanish GP. No addtional HP until PU#3.
I believe they only changed the ICE.

Which means they coudl still deliver upgrades to the turbo, MGUH, MGUK, ES or control electronics for Spain. Since the first big upgrade is said to involve the turbocharger the development schedule should still be on target.

It would also suggest that the 1st ICE can be used again, possibly in Free Practice, or at a circuit where engine power is not at a premium. eg Monaco.

Canada seem a logical choice for a major upgrade, as I'm sure they would want to use a new ICE for that. As would Monza.

f300v10

wuzak wrote:
f300v10 wrote:OK, I asked @tgruener of AMUS if PU#2 used any development tokens, and his answer was no, same spec as PU#1. This would seem to rule out Ferrari's anticipated PU upgrade for the Spanish GP. No addtional HP until PU#3.
I believe they only changed the ICE.

Which means they coudl still deliver upgrades to the turbo, MGUH, MGUK, ES or control electronics for Spain. Since the first big upgrade is said to involve the turbocharger the development schedule should still be on target.

It would also suggest that the 1st ICE can be used again, possibly in Free Practice, or at a circuit where engine power is not at a premium. eg Monaco.

Canada seem a logical choice for a major upgrade, as I'm sure they would want to use a new ICE for that. As would Monza.
That makes sense. Ferrari has also denied that cracks were found in the 1st ICE blocks, which was reported by AMUS as the cause for the ICE swap.

hattrick

:!:

Gazzetta:
"The 1st big step planned for Barcelona, will debut in Montreal, with a PU with 20/30 hp more. New PU will have new pistons, camshafts and combustion chamber: for a cost of at least 4/5 of the 10 tokens. The second update of the PU will be brought in Monza. In addition also a new fuel developed by Shell to optimize performances. Ferrari should gain 20/30 hp, equaling Mercedes 830 hp."
http://www.f1puls.com
Croatian F1 portal

MarkedOne8

So, they are projecting to gain 20-30 HP twice?

I guess #3 ICE will be used for Montreal, Silverstone, A1 Ring and Hungaroring (and Spa?). Even if they skip engine #4 debut from Spa to Monza, that engine will still need to get 8 races done which is... :shock:
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/