Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
GoranF1

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

MP4-30 was just 0.3 and 0.6 away from Ferrari which is best of the rest on this non power unit lap. =D>
Good times coming soon !
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Postmoe

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:MP4-30 was just 0.3 and 0.6 away from Ferrari which is best of the rest on this non power unit lap. =D>
Good times coming soon !

Isn't Montecarlo a specially short circuit? We have to take into account that.

Nonetheless, the car seems constantly progressing.

santos

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:MP4-30 was just 0.3 and 0.6 away from Ferrari which is best of the rest on this non power unit lap. =D>
Good times coming soon !
Well the Renault cars had the best improvement so far. And let's wait for saturday to make better conclusions.

JimClarkFan

Good times coming soon !
That's in a rain hit session, and Ferrari were 4th and 7th in the session previous.

I'm not sure how useful the comparisons of gaps are at different tracks unless they are expressed in % terms.

And I think the only useful comparison is Mclaren to fastest time, teams move up and down the pecking order based on how well the characteristics of the car suit the track. So the best objective standard is to compare to the fastest car IMO.

GoranF1

JimClarkFan wrote:
Good times coming soon !
That's in a rain hit session, and Ferrari were 4th and 7th in the session previous.

I'm not sure how useful the comparisons of gaps are at different tracks unless they are expressed in % terms.

And I think the only useful comparison is Mclaren to fastest time, teams move up and down the pecking order based on how well the characteristics of the car suit the track. So the best objective standard is to compare to the fastest car IMO.

I still think Ferrari "best of rest" here,and i was just tryin to point out that Mclaren seem to have made yet another big step here,and more important that car look really nice and planted from those Alonso onboard cameras.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Mattchu

What`s Bradley Walsh doing in the Mclaren :o

This has probably been covered before but why do Mclaren have their wing mirrors so high? Surely that`s not the optimum height for the driver or car...
I reckon a new engine cover should arrive in the next few races.

JDC123

Is this not just a reflection making the s duct look larger than it is? I've not heard any news about an update on the s duct

Jef Patat

It is, it's no different. It's just a dead spot in the reflection causing it to be in a shadow making it look huge.

Trocola

Asymetric refrigeration

What do they have on the left sidepod? Is it the engine radiator?

Jef Patat

They've also run without, see last page.

gary123

Trocola

Jef Patat wrote:They've also run without, see last page.
Yes, I know. That's why I am asking abput what's on that side of the sidepod.

It was chilly today in Monaco, so I think it can be interesting to know what they were trying to cool

rccrdc

Trocola wrote:
Jef Patat wrote:They've also run without, see last page.
Yes, I know. That's why I am asking abput what's on that side of the sidepod.

It was chilly today in Monaco, so I think it can be interesting to know what they were trying to cool

MGU-K should be in that side.

JDC123

Great picture showing the coke bottle region of the McLaren. That is some ridiculously tight packaging going on there.

DiogoBrand

JDC123 wrote:Great picture showing the coke bottle region of the McLaren. That is some ridiculously tight packaging going on there.
Looks beautiful, I just hope it doesn't go to history as one of those failed revolutionary concepts.