Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Well i think it's safe to say they won't be using DRS much, so it may be wise to go for a super low drag setup to not get eaten on the straights and rely on your 2 experienced Drivers to keep the Car on the Track.

Edit: Also more from AMuS

Also, is this the first Time since the 2009 Regulation change that McLaren uses a super skinny RW in Monza?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

PlatinumZealot

Thunders wrote:Well i think it's safe to say they won't be using DRS much, so it may be wise to go for a super low drag setup to not get eaten on the straights and rely on your 2 experienced Drivers to keep the Car on the Track.

Edit: Also more from AMuS
http://img3.auto-motor-und-sport.de/McL ... 893158.jpg
http://img3.auto-motor-und-sport.de/McL ... 893158.jpg

Also, is this the first Time since the 2009 Regulation change that McLaren uses a super skinny RW in Monza?
Since 2010 super-skinny and f-duct removed.
2011 was barn door
and 2012 skinny.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

GoranF1
GoranF1

Alonso said for AS today that MP4-30 is second best chassis behind RB and they have data to prove that.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

dmjunqueira

This exhaust pipe has always been this color?

Mr Sparkle
Mr Sparkle

Anyone have any idea how much downforce such a skinny wing will produce? Almost looks as if they could just bin it all together and attract some column inches.

Also, why would the long nose make a re-appearance? Could it be that it is simply a lower drag solution to the short nose, I would have thought the rest of the car would have been optimised for the short design by now...

Edit: The small wing may give them trouble putting the powder down out of corners. I wonder if this is a way to eek out more speed in the straights with respect to the energy deployment ie - setting the MGU to deliver less energy out of corners initially, but deploying it further down the straight for longer (at a lower wattage) so that it is more even throughout the lap rather than first/second sector only as with Spa..
Last edited by Mr Sparkle on 03 Sep 2015, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Yea there is going to be nothing there when DRS is open :wtf:

jk-27
jk-27

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:Alonso said for AS today that MP4-30 is second best chassis behind RB and they have data to prove that.
I don't believe that for a second. More bravado talk from McLaren, they need to stop trying to delude people.

santos
santos

BanMeToo wrote:Yea there is going to be nothing there when DRS is open :wtf:
do you think they will use it? :?

delladv
delladv

Car left side:
Only long noses today on the pit-lane:
Other PU shots:

andrewf1

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:Alonso said for AS today that MP4-30 is second best chassis behind RB and they have data to prove that.
The power of dreams.

desl
desl

Maybe it's potential ... but not it's performance

Helmut Marko often claims RBR to have the best chassis ... even after races when the Toro Rosso performed better with the same engine.

Thunder

I like that rear wing 8) 8)
I'm sure the sponsors like it too because these pesky Vortex Generators don't hide their logo's anymore at the wrong angle. :lol:

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

GoranF1
GoranF1

I am not sure if translation is wrong but the seem to plan to put Hungary(no token) engine in now!???
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 7351897088
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."