Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

GoranF1

desl wrote:
ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:Alonso said for AS today that MP4-30 is second best chassis behind RB and they have data to prove that.
Maybe it's potential ... but not it's performance

Helmut Marko often claims RBR to have the best chassis ... even after races when the Toro Rosso performed better with the same engine.

Alonso;

No, I believe too many interviews are made, perhaps too many and in all of them, always there is an answer that deviates from the correct line or somehow are misinterpreted. I believe the chassis we have is one of the best in the grid, the data shows it that way, when it comes to cornering we were the second best after RB, I believe we have an important power deficit and we have to focus on that.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

mclaren111

Different Exhaust Pipe here:

Lucky

Crucial_Xtreme

MP4-30 ERS battery pack

via OmniCorse

damager21

As per Telegraph report, McLaren is set to lose £20m in sponsorship next year. This will be a huge blow for McLaren which is already struggling to get a title sponsor.
McLaren are facing the prospect of losing £20 million in sponsorship next year with two major brands poised to leave the team after one of the worst seasons in their history.
The Daily Telegraph understands that both Johnnie Walker, the whisky brand, and Santander, the banking group, are likely to walk away from McLaren with the team languishing ninth in the constructors’ championship.
Johnnie Walker have been with McLaren for a decade, bringing £15 million a season. Their expected departure will be all the more galling for Ron Dennis, the McLaren chairman, given they offered at the end of 2013 to become the team’s title sponsor in a £43 million-a-year deal.
Dennis turned it down because he believed the offer was too small. A Johnnie Walker spokesman said on Friday night they are in “ongoing conversations” with McLaren but refused to comment on “speculation”. Santander’s £5 million yearly sponsorship is also set to end. The team also lost Hugo Boss to Mercedes last season after a 33-year association.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... -year.html

amho

Fia should change rules and let teams do some testing, with limitation both on development (token) and testing it's impossible for Honda to catch up Mercedes, remember that last year Renualt had troubled start but they had 8 engine to test different parts, setup & mapping while Honda only has 2 of them. last night media put huge pressure on Arai which was brutal, they have improved a lot while everything is limited. Mclaren fans should be pationt till 2016 season.
There is no Might or Power except with Allah.

Fer.Fan

damager21 wrote:As per Telegraph report, McLaren is set to lose £20m in sponsorship next year. This will be a huge blow for McLaren which is already struggling to get a title sponsor.
McLaren are facing the prospect of losing £20 million in sponsorship next year with two major brands poised to leave the team after one of the worst seasons in their history.
The Daily Telegraph understands that both Johnnie Walker, the whisky brand, and Santander, the banking group, are likely to walk away from McLaren with the team languishing ninth in the constructors’ championship.
Johnnie Walker have been with McLaren for a decade, bringing £15 million a season. Their expected departure will be all the more galling for Ron Dennis, the McLaren chairman, given they offered at the end of 2013 to become the team’s title sponsor in a £43 million-a-year deal.
Dennis turned it down because he believed the offer was too small. A Johnnie Walker spokesman said on Friday night they are in “ongoing conversations” with McLaren but refused to comment on “speculation”. Santander’s £5 million yearly sponsorship is also set to end. The team also lost Hugo Boss to Mercedes last season after a 33-year association.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... -year.html
Ron Dennis to arrogant. He must realize his situation. Mclaren is losing money, BIG money because his arrogance. Maclaren is not top team in F1 anymore. Three years without wins, disaster with Honda PU, less price money from Bernie E. and sponsors are leaving the team.
Mclaren will become more like Williams team, medium size team without any possibility fighting for titles.

Thefuelman

The McLarens qualified 16th and 17th, with Jenson Button 0.096 seconds ahead of Alonso but 2.661secs off Lewis Hamilton's pole position for Mercedes.

Alonso said: "On a circuit that has six corners, on the GPS, we lose two or three tenths in those corners.

"The rest of the three seconds, we need to find on the straights."

The two-time champion's remarks are the first official explanation from McLaren-Honda as to exactly how the pace gap to the front is split between the team's car and engine. Insiders say that the Honda at its best is at least 100bhp down on the Mercedes - and that the hybrid element of the power-unit, which accounts for 160-180bhp of the total power of the engine, runs out of boost part-way down all but the shortest of straights.

That means the McLaren-Honda is lagging nearly 300bhp behind the Mercedes for a significant proportion of the straights on the Monza track, and is by some measure the worst engine in F1.
Something has got to give soon. I'm half expecting McLaren to be a Renault customer team next year. This is far worse than Peugeot ever was in 1994.

proteus

Something has got to give soon. I'm half expecting McLaren to be a Renault customer team next year. This is far worse than Peugeot ever was in 1994.
If there would be so much testing now, as it was back in 94, Mclaren would probably have scored podium finishes by now, even with everybody else perfecting their cars and engines. FI, Lotus, Williams, Sauber and STR would fall back automaticly due to lack of funds and technical resources, so they would be a third force in the field, waiting for Mercedes and Ferrari getting a DNFs to seize their positions.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Thefuelman

proteus wrote:
If there would be so much testing now, as it was back in 94, Mclaren would probably have scored podium finishes by now, even with everybody else perfecting their cars and engines. FI, Lotus, Williams, Sauber and STR would fall back automaticly due to lack of funds and technical resources, so they would be a third force in the field, waiting for Mercedes and Ferrari getting a DNFs to seize their positions.
Partly that is true. But remember the Honda F1 team of 2007 to 2008. It certainly didn't help them then. Their V8 engine that year was very mediocre and also the chassis was truly horrific after they took over the technical deveoplment from BAR. Also remember with the exception of 1986 to 1988 Honda's engines havn't been the best either. From 89 onwards the Renault V10's and Ferrari V12's were usually better. I mean its not like their racing pedigree is all that great when you look at it. They owe most of their championships to Prost and Senna.
If the relationship hangs together for next year I think that will be the litmus test for Ron Dennis and Honda. I have to say though based on past form i'm not that optimistic. Looks like Arai is out possibly before Singapore. They need to get someone like Mario Theissen in. Hona really seem to be lost again just like 2007 2008.

GoranF1

Jenson: “We're not deploying out of turn 5 or the exit of turn 7, so we are 160HP down on other people, plus the deficit we have on the ICE"
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

PlatinumZealot

Thefuelman wrote:
proteus wrote:
Partly that is true. But remember the Honda F1 team of 2007 to 2008. It certainly didn't help them then. Their V8 engine that year was very mediocre and also the chassis was truly horrific after they took over the technical deveoplment from BAR. Also remember with the exception of 1986 to 1988 Honda's engines havn't been the best either. From 89 onwards the Renault V10's and Ferrari V12's were usually better. I mean its not like their racing pedigree is all that great when you look at it. They owe most of their championships to Prost and Senna.
If the relationship hangs together for next year I think that will be the litmus test for Ron Dennis and Honda. I have to say though based on past form i'm not that optimistic. Looks like Arai is out possibly before Singapore. They need to get someone like Mario Theissen in. Hona really seem to be lost again just like 2007 2008.

Why blame Arai? His team has done the near impossible. They got on the grid in only 18 months. It is unfair to sack a man that has delivered the engine in the time Mclaren wanted it. To me, it is a bitter sweet success, but a sucess none-the less. Even Ferrari who had three full years did not produce a winner the first time out. I think any higher expectations were nostalgia fueled. Let us give them to the end of next year at least to come on terms with Ferarri or even somewhere close.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:Jenson: “We're not deploying out of turn 5 or the exit of turn 7, so we are 160HP down on other people, plus the deficit we have on the ICE"
Lesmo and Ascari?

They out of power already? Literally two straights and they out of power?!!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏