Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Button on new aero depeartment in 2015
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/13820267
EDIT; Autosport plus is now free,in this link you can see a video of Suzuka aero upgrades on MP4-30
http://beta.autosport.com/premium/featu ... 1402656740
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Hail22

Russian GP - Wednesday

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

kosioBG

Can someone please tell me what the layout of the rear suspension is, in particular the lower wishbones? Where are the pickup points on the gearbox for them, I can't seem to notice them. Thanks :)

Hail22

Russian Grand prix - Thursday

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

turbof1

kosioBG wrote:Can someone please tell me what the layout of the rear suspension is, in particular the lower wishbones? Where are the pickup points on the gearbox for them, I can't seem to notice them. Thanks :)
Not an easy question.

Is this in any way helpful?
#AeroFrodo

Marco Alves
Marco Alves

Honda uses remaining engine tokens ahead of Russian GP

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda ... ussian-gp/

Thunder

kosioBG wrote:Can someone please tell me what the layout of the rear suspension is, in particular the lower wishbones? Where are the pickup points on the gearbox for them, I can't seem to notice them. Thanks :)
Not much usefull Pictures around. but this is from today and Shows the Brake Duct Area quite nice, if you want to go into that much Detail. https://twitter.com/RoboCoP_G/status/652103852821450752 Image

Edit:
This could help too: https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 3907879936 Image
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

kosioBG

thanks, these are indeed nice pics. And is the arm behind the drive shaft effectively the rear half of the lower wishbone or is it a trackrod (and if so: 1) where's the other part of the wishbone? and 2) what's the purpose of the trackrod at the back, toe setup?) It seems to be attached to the rear crash structure, not the gb housing :wtf:

scarbs
scarbs

kosioBG wrote:thanks, these are indeed nice pics. And is the arm behind the drive shaft effectively the rear half of the lower wishbone or is it a trackrod (and if so: 1) where's the other part of the wishbone? and 2) what's the purpose of the trackrod at the back, toe setup?) It seems to be attached to the rear crash structure, not the gb housing :wtf:
The layout of the lower WB and Track rod are reversed to normal. So the track rod is ahead of the axle and the wishbone behind it. This was part of the abandoned mushroom fairing set up

FrukostScones

Pomodoru trying his best..
hopefully in 2016 fully RB replacement :mrgreen: in place
only Honda has to gain something then I see ALO going for podium.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Hail22

Russian GP - Thursday

Gilles Villeneuve

kosioBG

scarbs wrote: The layout of the lower WB and Track rod are reversed to normal. So the track rod is ahead of the axle and the wishbone behind it. This was part of the abandoned mushroom fairing set up
Got it, thanks. The problem was that the front arm of the lower wishbone is only visible from a certain angle
red - lower WB
light green - track rod
blue upper wb

What's the hole inside the yellow circle?
Is it possible that the gearbox and rear crash structure are one piece altogether(as it looks below)? All pics I found suggest that.

kaepernickus

mclaren111

A lot of focus in this area. Last race weekend they also had sensor in this area.

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."