Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
GoranF1

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

chengzhongyi2013 wrote:Silent observer on this forum and Long-suffering admirer of Alonso here, have a lot to learn from all here.
Couple of questions:
1. Is McLaren still suffering from rear grip issues;
2. Is the location of the MGU-H/MGU-K (sitting inside the vee of the engine) going to be revised for the 2016 season?
official Honda statement is that construction/layout staying the same whit modification to elements design and size.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

chengzhongyi2013

GoranF1 wrote:
chengzhongyi2013 wrote:Alonso did a 43.0 in sector 2 just before the puncture.
Button did a 42.8 in sector 2 on his same flying lap.
sector 1 of same lap?....and where do you find this? thanks.
Alonso 18.0, Button 17.9 if I didn't recall wrongly.
All times from Live Timing (from cable TV, not Formula1.com)

Joseki

chengzhongyi2013 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
chengzhongyi2013 wrote:Alonso did a 43.0 in sector 2 just before the puncture.
Button did a 42.8 in sector 2 on his same flying lap.
sector 1 of same lap?....and where do you find this? thanks.
Alonso 18.0, Button 17.9 if I didn't recall wrongly.
All times from Live Timing (from cable TV, not Formula1.com)
No they were both on 17,9 in sector 1, then Nando had the puncture in S2 and did a 43.0, +0,2 on Jenson.

Alonsofor2017

GoranF1 wrote:
Alonsofor2017 wrote:I believe Alonso would made it to q3 if he was in q2 as there was only 1.5 tenths to Toro Rosso even button could have made it if he did a lap like in q2
do you know how was alonso vs button in sector2 before Alonso puncture?

They get published on the fia website but you have to wait there not there yet

chengzhongyi2013

Thanks mate for the correction.
Enjoyed Button's on-board, the car looks to be coming alive - especially in Sector 3.

Andres125sx

GoranF1 wrote:
chengzhongyi2013 wrote:Silent observer on this forum and Long-suffering admirer of Alonso here, have a lot to learn from all here.
Couple of questions:
1. Is McLaren still suffering from rear grip issues;
2. Is the location of the MGU-H/MGU-K (sitting inside the vee of the engine) going to be revised for the 2016 season?
official Honda statement is that construction/layout staying the same whit modification to elements design and size.
Didn´t Arai said they´re working on two different routes, one with current layout and a second one changing placement the electric motors/generators?

GoranF1

Yes,he is quoted in Japenese media that plan B is to chanege layout to Mercedes style split TC
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Joseki

GoranF1 wrote:Yes,he is quoted in Japenese media that plan B is to chanege layout to Mercedes style split TC
IIRC he also confirmed Honda have chosen the layout for next year a few weeks ago.

DiogoBrand

One thing I find intriguing and that has been consistently overlooked is McLaren's lack consistency this year. I mean, even when they have a relatively good pace at one circuit, they rarely achieve the results they could.
Almost every time they have a chance of getting a good result, or even finishing on the points, either one car fails to qualify, or gets a DNF.
And the most interesting is that the power unit, while remarkably unreliable, didn't have a part in a good portion of these incidents. We've seen brake ducts blocked by a visor film, crashes, punctures, all sorts of mishaps to hinder them from finishing on a better position than they did. Not to mention that I've seen a lot of people praise 'how Honda has adressed their unreliability issues', and I may be wrong, but to me it doesn't look like they really have. Let's not forget we haven't seen any PU's from them running even close to what they should, which is an average of 3,8 Grands Prix.

So, it's obvious they need to sort their pace for next season, and I believe they will, but I really don't want to see them achieving competitive pace and throwing good results off the window for lack of consistency.

Hail22

Abu Dhabi Saturday:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Avocado

The car looks fantastic. It deserves a powerful, competitive engine. This is suffering. :cry: Prodromou will deliver next year, but I'm afraid about Honda. :(

mclaren111

Nice picture of FW:

jericho

If you consider the lack of power from the Honda engine, you can see the car improved a lot this year. If the deployement would be oke, they should be in the top 8 i think. Honda must step up!

haza

jericho wrote:If you consider the lack of power from the Honda engine, you can see the car improved a lot this year. If the deployement would be oke, they should be in the top 8 i think. Honda must step up!
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/11/29/a ... eployment/
alonso 0.279 of merc with full deployment

Redragon

I got the feeling a lot of teams will follow force india nose solution next year, in this car it would look amazing!