Sauber C34 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
SectorOne

Re: Sauber C34 Ferrari

patrik wrote:I think it's no coincidence that the car is blue and yellow and Ericsson is Swedish. It just happens to be BdB's colors too, but a full-car livery? I don't think BdB paid for all that.
Arguably BnB got it for free then of your theory is right.

- Sauber, It will cost this much
- BnB, oh hell no
- Fine then we will paint the car in exactly the same colors you happen to have your logo in
- ummm....sure we´ll go with that

Yea pretty sure the fact that Ericsson is Swedish is the coincidence here and not the other way around.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Huntresa

SectorOne wrote:
patrik wrote:I think it's no coincidence that the car is blue and yellow and Ericsson is Swedish. It just happens to be BdB's colors too, but a full-car livery? I don't think BdB paid for all that.

- BnB, oh hell no
- Fine then we will paint the car in exactly the same colors you happen to have your logo in

Yea pretty sure the fact that Ericsson is Swedish is the coincidence here and not the other way around.
And the fact that Nasr who is from Brazil also have Yellow and Blue in the flag ? I think it all is a very happy coincidence.

scuderiafan

Huntresa wrote:
SectorOne wrote:

- BnB, oh hell no

And the fact that Nasr who is from Brazil also have Yellow and Blue in the flag ? I think it all is a very happy coincidence.
http://www.radiolab.org/story/91686-a-very-lucky-wind/
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Manoah2u

I must say, it really doesn't look bad at all this Sauber.

They themselves seem to think it can look better though, and i agree to them

This is coming from their OWN official Sauber Youtube feed. =D> [-o<
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Steven
Owner

Crabbia wrote:For what its worth: Nasr is comparing last years merc engine to this years ferrari and says they are similar. Without reading too much into an off the cuff remark, it could be possible that ferrari has closed the engine gap (if only from a driveability stand point) and Sauber will benefit from that.
I was present at the interview, and I did not have the impression that he actually felt the need to say anything different. Nasr was very bland on every technical issue, and he said he could not compare the two, because "when testing the Mercedes, the team was obviously not running full power, and focusing on trying different settings all around the car".

The Brazilian also said he has no idea about their relative fuel consumption, as he wasn't informed of any of that last year.

NutritionFact

Hy, maybe someone have an idea what this can be? Looks like a airinlet under the nosetip?

"In my time the Pit babe was there instead of the telemetry."
Gerhard Berger

michaelclarke

NutritionFact wrote:Hy, maybe someone have an idea what this can be? Looks like a airinlet under the nosetip?

http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Sau ... 844347.jpg

http://wtf1.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/20 ... livery.jpg
I think it may be a reflection, but not sure.
“Keep learning, you’ll never know everything… Never think you’re the best, because you probably aren’t. And always strive to be the best; that is working hard and keep learning.” – Jensen Button.

NutritionFact

Don't think its a reflection, looks on both pics clear and touchable.. Red bull like cooling solution?
Gerhard Berger

Bikeman

it's a reflection. Look at a pic with a sideview, there you can't see the inlet, 'cause there is no inlet.

NutritionFact

Ok, youre right, im also checking more pics.... Nothing... :cry:
Gerhard Berger

Facts Only

Steven wrote:
Crabbia wrote:For what its worth: Nasr is comparing last years merc engine to this years ferrari and says they are similar. Without reading too much into an off the cuff remark, it could be possible that ferrari has closed the engine gap (if only from a driveability stand point) and Sauber will benefit from that.
I was present at the interview, and I did not have the impression that he actually felt the need to say anything different. Nasr was very bland on every technical issue, and he said he could not compare the two, because "when testing the Mercedes, the team was obviously not running full power, and focusing on trying different settings all around the car".

The Brazilian also said he has no idea about their relative fuel consumption, as he wasn't informed of any of that last year.
Word at the time was that Williams had sold Nasr the testing time without informing Mercedes so the extra testing wasn't figured into the damage matrices or the mileage calculations for the PU's. Mercedes were not happy and the PU's were run in super safe modes just so Williams could fulfil their obligations.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sevach

emmepi27

Interesting shot of the power unit (pic @motorsportech )

Facts Only

emmepi27 wrote:Interesting shot of the power unit (pic @motorsportech )
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-OJnpgIIAAVbqy.jpg:large
Looks like the wastegate has gone from a single large butterfly on top to twin wastegate on the side of each secondary pipe. It's does appear that they have kept the large diameter wastegate pipes though.

I assume that the extra width of the PU was a trade off for lowering the centre of gravity.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver