Sauber C34 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
stefan_

Re: Sauber C34 Ferrari

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

JDC123

was this damage from the collision with wolff? It looks like a hell of a lot of damage for cars that aren't running at maximum pace. It kind of reminds me of the damage to bianchi's car in the canadian gp were the rear end was pretty much torn off

PlatinumZealot

Gosh! A not so subtle reminder that this is one expensive sport!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

santos

Does any one know what is thoose things on the wing mirrors? Image

CBeck113

santos wrote:Does any one know what is thoose things on the wing mirrors? http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 662.37.jpg
AMS said that they are infrared sensors for the front tires
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Manoah2u

santos wrote:Does any one know what is thoose things on the wing mirrors? http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 662.37.jpg
so i see they indeed added the extra yellow, looks much better though i feel the mirrors better were left untouched.
and that green on the rear wing isn't really too attractive.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Cuky

green on rear wing is flow-vis paint. Here is a pic from Barcelona with clean rear wing that is black and white (and you can see traces of green on the DRS actuator)

Manoah2u

Cuky wrote:green on rear wing is flow-vis paint. Here is a pic from Barcelona with clean rear wing that is black and white (and you can see traces of green on the DRS actuator)
http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 358.37.jpg
you're right.

Looks better with more yellow though. Still, that 'extended nose piece' looks like a swollen thumb that got struck by a hammer unfortunately. Could they develop a better one and crash test it? Assume with their difficult situation [ as it seems ] there probably will not be investment in that.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Thefuelman

Manoah2u wrote:
Cuky wrote:green on rear wing is flow-vis paint. Here is a pic from Barcelona with clean rear wing that is black and white (and you can see traces of green on the DRS actuator)
http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 358.37.jpg
you're right.

Looks better with more yellow though. Still, that 'extended nose piece' looks like a swollen thumb that got struck by a hammer unfortunately. Could they develop a better one and crash test it? Assume with their difficult situation [ as it seems ] there probably will not be investment in that.

I miss the old sauber color schemes from the 1990,s That Banco do Brasil sponsorship does look a little rushed.

outer_bongolia

An S-Duct would look so good there. :P
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

Hail22

Aero testing for the C34 in Barcelona:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

stefan_

2015 Winter testing | Session 3, Day 1 - Circuit de Catalunya, Spain (26.02.2015)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Godius

flow-vis detail on the endplate

PlatinumZealot

Best Livery!! =D>

You guys see those big numbers?! Sauber really listens to the fans.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏