Toro Rosso STR10 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
BlackSwan
BlackSwan

Re: Toro Rosso STR10

Blackout

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Blackout wrote: Strange looking compressor. seems to have a big carbon fiber shroud around it and the wastegate even seems to be connected directtly to it!?
That could be the branches from th exhaust header? the compressor inlet is probably in front but hidden.
Sorry I meant turbine not compressor

Morteza

Toro Rosso STR10 - low-downforce rear wing

© Giorgio Piola
Formula1.com wrote:In Montreal all teams introduced low-downforce rear wings, though these are not the extreme solutions we used to see on the pre-2014 regulation cars. That is because the current generation of F1 machines cannot afford to lose too much rear downforce, now that the lower beam wing has been banned. One of the most interesting solutions seen in Canada was this rear wing on the Toro Rosso, with new endplates featuring only two gills at the front and top, and a very low-downforce main profile and flap.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

zioture
zioture

New FW Austrian GP

Sevach
Sevach

STR did the Mercedes front suspension arm design on it's rear suspension.

zioture
zioture

Detail photo by http://www.newsf1.it

Morteza

Toro Rosso STR10 - revised rear suspension

© Giorgio Piola
Formula1.com wrote:It integrates with the previous floor update - debuted in Spain - in which two longitudinal slots (two lower right arrows) were added in front of the rear tyres to reduce pressure in this area of the car. The new rear suspension follows the trend set by Mercedes for a raised top wishbone (top arrow), but even more significant is the shape of the lower wishbone (centre arrow). This is very similar to what Mercedes have been doing with their front suspension since last season, with the lower element effectively becoming a wide aerofoil thanks to the new pick up point with the upright.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

PlatinumZealot

James Key showing those RedBull boys how it's done!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

zioture
zioture

Godius

There was also added an extra flap on the edge of the floor near the sidepods (from Sport1 NL):

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Sevach wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CH8DzDOWsAAeB8A.jpg:large

STR did the Mercedes front suspension arm design on it's rear suspension.
What is the advantage of this?? It looks thicker than before.

I can understand Mercedes and Ferrari doing it at front suspension to improve efficiency but at the rear it doesn't look much different except that it's one piece and thicker than before.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

ME4ME

This is clearly their best in-house build car ever. If only it had a better engine, they'd be at the front fighting with Williams/Ferrari 8)

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

ME4ME wrote:This is clearly their best in-house build car ever. If only it had a better engine, they'd be at the front fighting with Williams/Ferrari 8)
Agreed.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

lio007

Blown rear axle on the STR10 according to AMuS: