Williams FW37 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Carinni

Re: Williams FW37 Mercedes

Pretty sure it is not a tricky shadow. Should be a new nose. Exciting to c a bigger change

Thunder

I go with the tricky shadow. Doesn't look any different to me.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

joseff

I vote shadow, because the nose was/is presumably already on the regulation limit.

LookBackTime

Sevach

Are they considering going without a monkey seat?

Francesc

They must have gained quite a bit of downforce with the last update if they're going to run without the monkey seat. =D>

BlackSwan

dren

Nice connection view of the charge air to the charge intake box. It looks like Williams is running an intercooler in the one sidepod.
Honda!

Thefuelman

PlatinumZealot wrote:Steel is very strong in tension. You could lift the whole car with a bolt that size.
I hear you its was just that the area of connection was tiny. Add to that the are of where the main plane meets the mounting points. That is tiny. Mercedes had an extreme soloution last year, I think this is even more so. The RB11 comes close aswell. If I was on the team i'd be paranoid about them losing expensive wings on high kerbs every lap.

turbof1

Thefuelman wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Steel is very strong in tension. You could lift the whole car with a bolt that size.
I hear you its was just that the area of connection was tiny. Add to that the are of where the main plane meets the mounting points. That is tiny. Mercedes had an extreme soloution last year, I think this is even more so. The RB11 comes close aswell. If I was on the team i'd be paranoid about them losing expensive wings on high kerbs every lap.
Ironically, Mercedes their metal studs never failed them; it was the nose itself that broke on the occasion.
#AeroFrodo

frosty125

dren wrote:Nice connection view of the charge air to the charge intake box. It looks like Williams is running an intercooler in the one sidepod.
Left sidepod?

aleks_ader

frosty125 wrote:
dren wrote:Nice connection view of the charge air to the charge intake box. It looks like Williams is running an intercooler in the one sidepod.
Left sidepod?
Yes and that charge air near airbox splits into 2 - on left and right side of the intake plenum (huge VLIM chambers).
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

ringo

I feel the variable lenght intakes take up too much space that could be otherwise used for oil coolers.
Something tells me the 2015 mercedes package is much bigger than that of the other teams. They no longer have the log manifold to boast about under the engine cover, and thus may have average cooling flow through the sidepods.

The VIR is something i feel they can consider scrapping, unless it gives them a really huge advantage with power and drivability. It's almost like FRIC.
For Sure!!

proteus

Hail22 wrote:Thursday Morning 12/03/2015:

http://cdn.gpupdate.net/large/261204.jpg

Source: GP Update
I wonder what is that on the nose on the right, under the oris inscription...is it just a sticker, or something else, or just a smear...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

roadie

ringo wrote:They no longer have the log manifold to boast about under the engine cover, and thus may have average cooling flow through the sidepods.
I read somewhere that Symonds is quoted as saying that the change to the exhaust has not impacted aero in any way. I assume that he means both within and outside the sidepods.

Great pictures guys, keep 'coming!