Red Bull RB11 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Juzh

Re: Red Bull RB11 Renault

wesley123 wrote: Renault is still as bad(relatively) as it has been all season.
Fixed it there for you.

PlatinumZealot

ME4ME wrote:I guess you mean Rob Marshall. He has been with the team for many years now, but isn't an aero guy iirc. That would be Dan Fellows who stayed at RB rather than moving to Mclaren.

I think it's pretty unfair to blame Marshall and Fellows for the tough start this year, and credit Newey for the turnaround. Newey continues to say he is only working part-time with the F1 team. A couple outings at some GP's doesn't change that. Unless you got inside information?
Widely reported he "came back" a few races ago in response to the huge aero error they discovered .
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

SiLo

PlatinumZealot wrote:
ME4ME wrote:I guess you mean Rob Marshall. He has been with the team for many years now, but isn't an aero guy iirc. That would be Dan Fellows who stayed at RB rather than moving to Mclaren.

I think it's pretty unfair to blame Marshall and Fellows for the tough start this year, and credit Newey for the turnaround. Newey continues to say he is only working part-time with the F1 team. A couple outings at some GP's doesn't change that. Unless you got inside information?
Widely reported he "came back" a few races ago in response to the huge aero error they discovered .
Was that related to the tea tray area and the new titanium blocks?
Felipe Baby!

ME4ME

PlatinumZealot wrote:

Let's see some of those reports then.

lio007

So Renault is going to use as much as possible (of their remaining 12 token) for one big PU-upgrade (unfortunately maybe even after the Russian GP):

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renau ... s/?v=2&s=1

gandharva

They need to redesign the whole cumbustion engine including cylinder heads. It does not make sense to introduce this update in small parts. They will need all the remaining tokens for it. If they --- up this update they are going to be screwed for the next years without any chance to recover.

Btw. wrong thread...
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =4&t=22079

PlatinumZealot

ME4ME wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Let's see some of those reports then.
On Sky. I don't record it. But he was back talking about how the car's aero concept was not right for the new wings and nose rules so he had to redo the whole thing. It was a track interview. Notice he has been at the races recently.

PlatinumZealot

SiLo wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Was that related to the tea tray area and the new titanium blocks?
They didn't say. But that is the "nearly whole" upgraded car Ricciardo has been talking about. In the car thread you can see the changes. from nose to tail.

ME4ME

PlatinumZealot wrote:On Sky. I don't record it. But he was back talking about how the car's aero concept was not right for the new wings and nose rules so he had to redo the whole thing. It was a track interview. Notice he has been at the races recently.
A quick interview on Sky doesn't make it widely reported, but anyway is it this you're refering to?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gssKiHvS4IU

Honestly I do find it interesting why Newey and not Marshall or Fellows is at some of the races, but that doesn't make Newey back to full time F1 work, let alone to deserve all credit.

zioture
zioture

Godius

Morteza

Via AMuS
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

lio007

We may see some new flow conditioners (I can't remember the correct english term atm) on the RB11. I think this little piece is new:

Or maybe my eyes playing tricks to me

Here is the original picture: Monza, Wednesday by AMuS

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

lio007

Monza, Thursday by AMuS