Mercedes AMG F1 W06

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
SRK
SRK

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W06

Manoah2u

rear right tire seems to be more prone or sensitive to wear compared to the other tires. can't recall barcelona being more of a left-turned track?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

timbo

Manoah2u wrote:
rear right tire seems to be more prone or sensitive to wear compared to the other tires. can't recall barcelona being more of a left-turned track?
Some wheel spin on unloaded tire? Maybe they just put an old tire for whatever reason?

Manoah2u

timbo wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Some wheel spin on unloaded tire? Maybe they just put an old tire for whatever reason?
no, it seems like a returning factor from previous tests too:

i don't believe in coincidence, and i find it an interesting thing to see it only this 'severe' on the outer side of the rear right.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

i70q7m7ghw

Looks like pickup to me.

Just_a_fan

You can see how the lower wishbone and steering arm are being used as a big flow conditioner here - in plan form that is a large area acting to straighten airflow coming off the front wing. I think the steering arm is positioned to act as a slat would on an aircraft wing. The gap formed is allowing air to bleed through to the top side of the wishbone to help keep the flow clean.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

stefan_

2015 Winter testing | Session 3, Day 4 - Circuit de Catalunya, Spain (01.03.2015)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

De Jokke

Great day, although Rosberg is expecting a tough Oz gp with the softs (falling apart quickly).

Don't get it why Merc didn't gave hamilton more time in the car. Another whopping 140 laps for Nico vs 70 for Hamilton the previous day. I hope they don't have the policy: last year it was Lewis' year, now it's Nico's turn...

But concerning the car: =D> =D> =D> is all I can say. Let's hope for a double in Oz!
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

ME4ME

There are always gonna be differences in either track time or equipment. Merc probably doesn't want to obsess about it and rightfully so.

De Jokke

True that, but

Nico drove 3464 km during testing.

Lewis drove 2433 km during testing

is a big difference...
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

andrewf1

Apparently new front brake ducts could be worth about 2 tenths. Hamilton's delay from yesterday was about Merc changing the brake ducts. He set his fastest time with the old ones, while Nico set his time on Friday with the new ones.

Source: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 99184.html

zioture

Comparison Noise Mercedes VS Ferrari

Unc1eM0nty

De Jokke wrote:True that, but

Nico drove 3464 km during testing.

Lewis drove 2433 km during testing

is a big difference...
I think if you check back to last years testing it was a similar story, it didn't do Lewis any harm did it 8)

Lets face it, compared to other teams & divers Lewis has comleted a lot of laps.

SectorOne

The car people, focus on the car.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Ferraripilot

MB have reportedly not been running their blown monkey seat due to the need to strengthen its mounting to the new single pillar arrangement, I'd guess Nico's recent complaints of significant oversteer could at least somewhat be blamed on W06 not running the blown monkey seat. I'd guess they will be much pleased once its return as that component was run most of last season so it can't be that 'dirty' of an area to yield downforce. What's almost more interesting is that every time you saw W05 it had understeer much of the time....