Force India VJM08 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Morteza

Re: Force India VJM08

Force India VJM08 - rear suspension updates

Force India has developed their car in phases this year. A new nose concept in Austria was followed a race later by almost a B-spec car in Great Britain. And in Singapore they have brought an interesting package of updates comprising a modified diffuser, rear wing, front and rear brake ducts, plus other minor bodywork updates.

© Giorgio Piola

The drawing above concentrates on a small detail to show the continuous work that is going on to derive better aerodynamic performance from suspension parts. The red arrow highlights a bonded fairing on the front arm of the lower wishbone. This area is regulated and the width is set here to comply with the rules.

Via Formula1.com
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

mitsmania

FORCE INDIA VJM08 - SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX - TECHNICAL ANALYSIS by Alberto Rodríguez · ·

vjm08-monkey-seat

Singapore is a key point in the calendar of Formula 1 circuits With low drag out of sight, the teams return to the traditional settings of high and medium downforce which is in the final sprint towards the end of the world championship.

The cars will not return more factories so the teams take advantage of free practice to test parts that will be in permanent plots and not a semi-urban.

In the case of Force India, who was rumored to take Marina Bay Street Circuit a back of his VJM08-B renewed. And so it has been a redesigned Monkey Seat anchored to the central support of the rear spoiler (cyan) divided his plane into 3 sections (yellow) and similar endplates to those already employed (green), but that are not subject to the structure impact . Mercedes similar to trying to exploit the exhaust gases at the bottom of this component to be wrapped by the flat drifts creating a pressure gradient with the air flow descending from the engine cover 3 above concept fins, with the help of the rise caused by high temperature gases from combustion engine fed with these low pressures, the depression formed in the rear wing to increase its downforce.

Promoting this update has been a central section of the renewed Y150 diffuser with the return of the 2 fins surrounding the impact structure and gurney strip maintains its division, but the range expansion maximizes airflow at different speeds trying to collect a greater volume with the help of Monkey Seat, connecting with the rear wing.

vjm08-diffuser

NAPI10
NAPI10

Did they run all these updates in today's race?

Hail22

Suzuka Japan - Thursday

Last edited by Hail22 on 24 Sep 2015, 13:29, edited 3 times in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Racer X

something is top secrete isnt that not allowed tho covering up your stuff?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Thunder

Of course they can cover stuff up, Teams even shut off their Garages from Time to Time. They are just not allowed to cover the whole Car when it's brought back from a crash/breakdown for example.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

ME4ME

Actually they aren't allowed to cover up the car in official sessions. They only thing they can do is simply stand in the way. But before, in between or after the session it's OK. Also at un-official sessions like pre-season testing, it's fully allowed to cover up the car, hence the big screens and even camouflage-liveries we see the teams use.

Hail22

Suzuka Japan - FP1

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Hail22

Russian GP - Wednesday

Gilles Villeneuve

techF1LES

Racer X wrote:something is top secrete isnt that not allowed tho covering up your stuff?
I'm sure they are not trying to hide anything there, it's just adapter for front wing deflection test on both front wing endplates.
2015 F1 Technical Regulations wrote:3.17.1 Bodywork may deflect no more than 10mm vertically when a 1000N load is applied vertically to it at points 675mm and 975mm forward of the front wheel centre line and 720mm from the car centre line. The load will be applied in a downward direction using a 50mm diameter ram on a rectangular adapter measuring 400mm x 150mm. This adapter must be supplied by the team and :
a) Have a flat top surface without recesses.
b) Be fitted to the car so as to apply the full load to the bodywork at the test point and not to increase the rigidity of the parts being tested.
c) Be placed with the inner 400mm edge parallel to the car centre line and displaced from it by 645mm.
d) Be placed with its forward edge 1025mm forward of the front wheel centre line.
The deflection will be measured along the loading axis at the bottom of the bodywork at this point and relative to the reference plane.
Fig. 1

Below you can see FIA testing rig being prepared by scrutineer... (also note Ferrari's adapter in Fig. 3)

Fig. 2

Fig. 3

Hail22

Russian GP - Qualifying

Gilles Villeneuve

Hail22

US GP - Wednesday

Gilles Villeneuve

Godius

Hail22

GP Mexico - Wednesday

Gilles Villeneuve

charly0418
charly0418

Autorsport reporting updates are coming for this Mexican GP

http://beta.autosport.com/news/report.p ... ro-package

havent seen any new stuff with the screenshots posted around today, maybe we'll see them until tomorrow