Manor Marussia MR03B Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
f1316

Re: Manor Marussia MR03B Ferrari

Ah so they're now just upgrading rather than bothering with a full 2015 car.

Presumably that will mean they'll have to continue with 2014 engine? You'd think that getting an updated PU would probably bring them more gains than anything else, but I guess they don't have the money for that honey :)

JDC123

f1316 wrote:Ah so they're now just upgrading rather than bothering with a full 2015 car.

Presumably that will mean they'll have to continue with 2014 engine? You'd think that getting an updated PU would probably bring them more gains than anything else, but I guess they don't have the money for that honey :)
I imagine the upgrades are to ensure they remain within 107% of the fastest car as every other team introduces upgrades throughout the season they would otherwise slowly creep closer to 107%. Using the 2015 engine would obviously provide much more performance gains however it would require a brand new chassis to fit, something which would be extremely expensive for a team like Manor and would reduce the budget and time they could spend on their 2016 car.

PlatinumZealot

f1316 wrote:Ah so they're now just upgrading rather than bothering with a full 2015 car.

Yeah not what us fans want to hear, but from a financial point of view they realise they can achieve their goals using the 2014 car. I wonder if that was their plan all along though? Just run this old car at the back of the grid, tenth place is secured no matter what. Money at the end of the tunnel. One more year running in F1 also means more $$$ too.

Next year Marussia will be forced to run the new car since Haas will be competing with them for that 10th place grid slot.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

JDC123

Next year Marussia will be forced to run the new car since Haas will be competing with them for that 10th place grid slot.
That's an excellent point, I'd totally forgotten about Haas. Its so frustrating seeing a team like this with obviously some excellent engineers/designers but lack the budget that would put them in contention with the midfield. The 2015 car looked very good for such a small budget team and considering the turnaround of Sauber with an almost b-spec of their 2014 car, this year could have been so different for Manor/marussia.

The signing of some key people can only be a good sign for the team in the long term though as no one would join a company if they felt it would collapse in the near future. Although saying that big names mean big wages which could stretch their budget unnecessarily when lower key designers and engineers with a slightly bigger budget could produce better results.

Nathanael F1

I think it makes sense that they won't do a 2015 version. They've basically been guaranteed 10th place, so they can start development on the 2016 car early.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

turbof1

PlatinumZealot wrote:

Yeah not what us fans want to hear, but from a financial point of view they realise they can achieve their goals using the 2014 car. I wonder if that was their plan all along though? Just run this old car at the back of the grid, tenth place is secured no matter what. Money at the end of the tunnel. One more year running in F1 also means more $$$ too.

They can actually afford to be beaten next year too. The way the price money is being divided, you need to be in the top 10 2 out of 3 years to get the column 2 price money, which is the honey pot.
#AeroFrodo

F1NAC

Blue color added to bodywork

Samraj_official

New sponsor?

Starscreamer

:D
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Samraj_official

dude is it real? sorry for my sort-of-noob question

F1NAC

Samraj_official wrote:New sponsor?
maybe british flag colors?

FW17

F1NAC wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:New sponsor?
maybe british flag colors?
Or Russian flag

domh245

I noticed in the media kit that manor's colour went from maroony brown to a green colour. Perhaps related to this new bit of colour on the sidepod. Maybe a change of livery to something a bit like British Racing Green to play on their 'God's own country's racing team'

(for those not from the UK, God's own country is how most people from the county of Yorkshire (where Manor was founded) refer to themselves)

Starscreamer

Samraj_official wrote:
dude is it real? sorry for my sort-of-noob question
No :lol: it was the first thing I thought about :wink:
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"