New open-wheel racing series

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Zakir
Zakir

New open-wheel racing series

Nowadays, there are a lot of talks in Formula 1 about expenditure restraint, in order to save small teams and to keep all teams on the same level for better TV show. Show will generate money, money will provide better show. I understand this point but if you decrease the level of expenditures, you decrease the level of high-tech and it will not be an F1 anymore. Cause Formula 1 is a peak of technologies. Since the beginning of time, Formula 1 is considered to be a sport that demonstrates technological achievement of human-being. And in order to reach perfection it was and it is important not to think about expenditures, proving the high class of this series.

I am interested, if it is possible to create a low-cost series (but similar to F1 ) which people will watch with the same interest? I know that there are GP2, Renault 3.5, F3, Formula-E, etc series but none of them attracts people like F1. In another words, this series could be a 2nd division of F1 like in football. There is no structure and work principles between F1 and different series but i think it will better if there was. And gained money from this series could help teams to generate money for F1.

P.S I did not consider details like logistics,transportation, TV demand, etc