Haas 2016 car Ferrari speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FrukostScones

Re: Haas 2016 car Ferrari speculation Thread

that only some junk
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Gridlock

(Unsourced) article on F1F saying car will launch at first test;

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/01/27/h ... f-testing/

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Is there any opportunity do a simple shake down test before the first test in the rules? Would they use the straight line test allotment for this?

Brian

hemichromis
hemichromis

hardingfv32 wrote:Is there any opportunity do a simple shake down test before the first test in the rules? Would they use the straight line test allotment for this?

Brian
Mercedes are doing this.

FrukostScones

hardingfv32 wrote:Is there any opportunity do a simple shake down test before the first test in the rules? Would they use the straight line test allotment for this?

Brian
10.1 Sporting Regs 2016

2x 100km Promo run.

like Merc and McLaren did last year and will do this year prob.

Im not sure they is this straight line test sanymore... and if they would not use it for a shakedown.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

SteveRacer

Brian
I do not believe they are bound by the testing rules yet.

Joseki
Joseki

FrukostScones wrote:

Brian
10.1 Sporting Regs 2016

2x 100km Promo run.

like Merc and McLaren did last year and will do this year prob.

Im not sure they is this straight line test sanymore... and if they would not use it for a shakedown.
McLaren used one filming day after Jerez last year, not before.

Eniasqurku
Eniasqurku

Mercedes did testing last year before pre season testing in silverstone when we first saw a glance of the new car by an amateur video.

denisjp
denisjp

SteveRacer wrote: I do not believe they are bound by the testing rules yet.
You can't run the car that is going to be competing in the Championship. They had unlimited hours for CFD and wind tunnel, but for tests they have the same restrictions as the others

wuzak
wuzak

SteveRacer wrote:

Brian
I believe they are bound by the rules for testing, wind tunnels, CFD, etc, since they officially became part of the World Championship on January 1.

SteveRacer

wuzak wrote:
SteveRacer wrote:

Brian
I believe they are bound by the rules for testing, wind tunnels, CFD, etc, since they officially became part of the World Championship on January 1.
I believe you are correct. At one time they were planning on testing in December and I guess they would have needed to have completed any early testing before the new year. http://en.f1i.com/news/24559-haas-rethi ... 6-car.html

f1316
f1316

Yeah, so there are no more straight line tests only 'filming days'; this is what merc and mclaren used last year and is the only opportunity to run the car prior to official tests.

Like I said elsewhere, i'm always a bit surprised more teams don't do this, particularly with only two tests this year

Webber2011
Webber2011

Just noticed this on Autosport.

Haas Fire up

Formula 1 newcomer Haas is on course to fire up its car for the first time later this month.

The American team's challenger is currently with chassis provider Dallara in Italy being assembled ahead of its full unveiling and on-track debut in the first test at Barcelona's Catalunya circuit on February 22.

A week beforehand it is planned for the car, complete with Ferrari power unit, to roar into life.

"Fire up is planned for the 15th," team principal Gunther Steiner told Autosport on a visit to one of the team's trio of bases in Banbury.

turbof1

That's not really worth a news article. I'm sure the other teams do the exact same thing around this time. Unless they plan to run make a demo run, it's nothing more then putting the engine in the bare chassis, turn the engine on, do a few system checks, and turn it back off.
#AeroFrodo

f1316
f1316

turbof1 wrote:That's not really worth a news article. I'm sure the other teams do the exact same thing around this time. Unless they plan to run make a demo run, it's nothing more then putting the engine in the bare chassis, turn the engine on, do a few system checks, and turn it back off.
In fairness though, other 'new' teams sometimes can't even do that in Melbourne...