Ferrari 667 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Alcatraz
Alcatraz

Re: Ferrari 667 Speculation Thread

ferkan wrote:There is a report from Italy saying that, according to source close to Ferrari and Haas, Haas actually has better data from wind tunnel and that Ferrari is aware of that. What kind of humiliation would that be if rookie team beats or even matches them. Again, generally the site hasnt been wrong one time that I know of so its a worrying report.
Which site?

VarioR

Personaly i don't like to see too much white in the Ferrari

I like the 90's style with black rims and black wings...
Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win...

ferkan
ferkan

Alcatraz wrote:
ferkan wrote:There is a report from Italy saying that, according to source close to Ferrari and Haas, Haas actually has better data from wind tunnel and that Ferrari is aware of that. What kind of humiliation would that be if rookie team beats or even matches them. Again, generally the site hasnt been wrong one time that I know of so its a worrying report.
Which site?
F1analisitecnica. That could be longer wheel base as well who knows. In any case they are reporting today that Ferrari might have problems at testing and that there still are vibrations in engine. Said that there is a completely new and very agressive gearbox that created bunch of problems on dyno and are still unsure how that one will go and if it will be used in Barca 1st test.

New nose is much more extreme version of TR with something unique and it had alot of crash tests before it passed it.

Engine cover will be white with Italian flag. They mentioned it weights slightly less and that it doesnt attract as much heat from sun like black one (?). There will be new radiators that are much more verticle and weight 6kg less. They dont cause aero lockup, but they currently have problems with making everything cool enough.

In nutshell, very agressive design from Ferrari on all fronts but plenty of problems with heat, engine vibrations and new gearbox. Who knoes how this will turn out.

F1NAC

C Plinius Secundus
C Plinius Secundus

Alcatraz wrote:
TechF1 wrote:
C Plinius Secundus wrote:
Is it Jock Clear at 0m06s ?
yes, he is talking with Arrivabene
Which is his role in Ferrari?
ferkan wrote:This is not livery according to F1analisitecnica. They are good with their info so I would take their word for it.
Their info come from Sky Italy

Anyway, 5 days till the launch?
I couldn't tell what is exactly his role, and I don't think even Ferrari has clarified much about it, but I can tell you he is an extremely clever guy...

bhall II
bhall II

ferkan wrote:In nutshell, very agressive design from Ferrari on all fronts but plenty of problems with heat, engine vibrations and new gearbox. Who knoes how this will turn out.
It's easier to make a quick car reliable than it is to make a reliable car quick.

Incidentally, I was told by a secondary source many months ago that Ferrari was working on a "game-changing" gearbox. I have no idea what that means. But the consistency between F1AnalisiTecnica's reporting and my entirely unrelated source suggests it's not just a baseless rumor.

adrianjordan

bhall II wrote:
ferkan wrote:In nutshell, very agressive design from Ferrari on all fronts but plenty of problems with heat, engine vibrations and new gearbox. Who knoes how this will turn out.
It's easier to make a quick car reliable than it is to make a reliable car quick.
Tell that to the McLaren MP4-18..!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

pciarro
pciarro

Source?

outsid3r

pciarro wrote:
Source?

this one maybe? http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... n-ferraris

f1316
f1316

I guess this is off topic, but seeing the 6kg lighter (supposedly) radiators, and knowing that the weight reduced will just get added on in the form of ballast, makes me think how anti-efficiency that is. Lugging around completely unnecessary weight just for the sake of it is kinda inefficient in these days of minimum full weight/flow etc.

FrukostScones

HASS won't beat Ferrrai even with better aero.

so if HAAS has a better aero, good thing for Ferrari, their engineers surely will be allowed to look into the issue.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ferkan
ferkan

FrukostScones wrote:

HASS won't beat Ferrrai even with better aero.

so if HAAS has a better aero, good thing for Ferrari, their engineers surely will be allowed to look into the issue.
Tbh if Haas has better aero then its pretty much expected other well funded teams have as well (Merc, RBR, TR abd Mclaren). And if Haas as a rookie team with 5 times less budget has better aero then maybe they should hire someone else to look at the issue.

godlameroso

It helps when you're not limited to using 60% scale models, I imagine you could build a 'better' car if you used full scale models and rolling road wind tunnels.
Saishū kōnā

ME4ME

All winter the Ferrari vs Mercedes battle has been hyped up, but imagine if it back fires for Ferrari, and another clean sweep for Mercedes :shock:

bhall II
bhall II

I think the likelihood that Haas will have a better aerodynamic package than Ferrari is virtually nil, because Haas' chassis will effectively be a Ferrari design.

The reason for the following new rules...
Eurosport, Nov 30, 2015 wrote:1 ) No employee or consultant of a competitor who is involved in aerodynamic development may pass any information obtained under their own ATR quota to an employee or consultant of another competitor.

2 ) No employee of a competitor who is involved in aerodynamic development, who leaves that company and takes up a similar position with another competitor, may do so without a suitable (or normal) period of "gardening leave" or "isolation".

3 ) No employee of a competitor who is involved in aerodynamic development, and who leaves that company and takes up a similar position with another competitor, may then return to the original competitor without a suitable (or normal) period of "gardening leave" or "isolation".

4 ) No employee of a competitor who is involved in aerodynamic development, and who then leaves that company, may pass information obtained under their former employer's ATR quota to an employee or consultant of another competitor before a suitable (or normal) period of "gardening leave" or "isolation" has elapsed.

5 ) No employee of an external entity who is involved in F1 aerodynamic development may be employed by a competitor, on a permanent or temporary basis, without a suitable (or normal) period of "gardening leave" or "isolation".

6 ) No employee of a competitor who is involved in aerodynamic development may be seconded to, or temporarily employed by, another competitor unless such secondment or employment is a genuine long term arrangement for the sole purpose of providing the other competitor with technical expertise. Any seconded employee must not then return to the original competitor without a suitable (or normal) period of "gardening leave" or "isolation". Three months would be considered as a genuine long term arrangement.

7 ) No competitor may acquire aerodynamic surfaces from an external entity (even if such entity claims to have designed them for its own purposes), unless any aerodynamic testing resource used to develop the surfaces is counted within the relevant competitor's ATR quota.

8 ) Teams sharing a windtunnel (or any other aerodynamic testing resource as referred to in Appendix 8, including a CFD cluster) must put appropriate procedures in place to avoid any breach of confidentiality or of the general restrictions of Appendix 6 and Appendix 8. This would include (but not be limited to):

(i) ensuring staff shared by both parties or employed by one party but involved in the operational part of the aerodynamic testing of the other party (such as operating or maintaining the windtunnel and/or CFD hardware) give contractual covenants not to pass information or to allow information to pass between the parties.

(ii) putting the physical infrastructure in place so the two parties operate their support activities (such as windtunnel model preparation), other than the operational part of the testing mentioned above, in separate environments.

(iii) putting the IT infrastructure in place so the two parties operate on separate networks and store their data on separate (at least virtually) storage hardware.

Note: "A suitable or normal period of gardening leave or isolation" must be 6 months except in the case of force majeure or a competitor ceasing operations (for example due to bankruptcy). Normally "gardening leave" is a contractual matter between the employee and the competitor from which that employee is leaving, and "isolation" is a similar arrangement and obligation for the competitor to which the employee is moving.
...was to close the loophole that allowed a number of Ferrari engineers to briefly stop working for the Scuderia in order to temporarily join Haas' design team. That means nothing about Haas' car is a secret in Maranello.