Ferrari 667 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
OO7
OO7

Re: Ferrari 667 Speculation Thread

bhall II wrote:
ferkan wrote:In nutshell, very agressive design from Ferrari on all fronts but plenty of problems with heat, engine vibrations and new gearbox. Who knoes how this will turn out.
It's easier to make a quick car reliable than it is to make a reliable car quick.
I was just about to post the same thing.

Jordan44

Blaze1 wrote:
bhall II wrote:
ferkan wrote:In nutshell, very agressive design from Ferrari on all fronts but plenty of problems with heat, engine vibrations and new gearbox. Who knoes how this will turn out.
It's easier to make a quick car reliable than it is to make a reliable car quick.
Is it harder to make a slow car reliable? Looks that way judging by Renault and Honda :D

In all seriousness if they are hoping to win the title this year though it needs to be reliable from the get go because Merc wont give anything away. If both cars end up retiring in Australia that could be game over before it begins.

giantfan10

I will see how the car behaves in testing then form an opinion either way... interesting though watching the speculation run rampant : )
Last edited by giantfan10 on 16 Feb 2016, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.

giantfan10

J0rd4n wrote:
Blaze1 wrote:
bhall II wrote: It's easier to make a quick car reliable than it is to make a reliable car quick.
Is it harder to make a slow car reliable? Looks that way judging by Renault and Honda :D

In all seriousness if they are hoping to win the title this year though it needs to be reliable from the get go because Merc wont give anything away. If both cars end up retiring in Australia that could be game over before it begins.
It is not a safe assumption that Mercedes will be bulletproof after they admitted to being aggressive with the 2016 car and PU .

OO7
OO7

giantfan10 wrote:It is not a safe assumption that Mercedes will be bulletproof after they admitted to being aggressive with the 2016 car and PU .
Toto commented that the W07 wasn't 'super conservative', so one could speculate that it may be a rather conservative design.

Alcatraz

ferkan wrote:
Alcatraz wrote:
ferkan wrote:There is a report from Italy saying that, according to source close to Ferrari and Haas, Haas actually has better data from wind tunnel and that Ferrari is aware of that. What kind of humiliation would that be if rookie team beats or even matches them. Again, generally the site hasnt been wrong one time that I know of so its a worrying report.
Which site?
F1analisitecnica. That could be longer wheel base as well who knows. In any case they are reporting today that Ferrari might have problems at testing and that there still are vibrations in engine. Said that there is a completely new and very agressive gearbox that created bunch of problems on dyno and are still unsure how that one will go and if it will be used in Barca 1st test.

New nose is much more extreme version of TR with something unique and it had alot of crash tests before it passed it.

Engine cover will be white with Italian flag. They mentioned it weights slightly less and that it doesnt attract as much heat from sun like black one (?). There will be new radiators that are much more verticle and weight 6kg less. They dont cause aero lockup, but they currently have problems with making everything cool enough.

In nutshell, very agressive design from Ferrari on all fronts but plenty of problems with heat, engine vibrations and new gearbox. Who knoes how this will turn out.
F1analisitecnica info come from Italian Sky, it's what Italian Sky can't say publicly.

Anyway, Motorsport said there will be a longer chassis and that clutch will be moved inside the gearbox. Autosprint reported some weeks ago Ferrari had problem with gearbox because it was a new concept, maybe it's true they have problem with gearbox. Instead a today's version of La Gazzetta dello Sport shows a nose similar to the one of Mercedes, more reliable. The Italian flag was reported by another Italian site.

But it will an aggressive Ferrari. I'm waiting to see it on Friday

Alcatraz

C Plinius Secundus wrote:
Alcatraz wrote:
TechF1 wrote: yes, he is talking with Arrivabene
Which is his role in Ferrari?
ferkan wrote:This is not livery according to F1analisitecnica. They are good with their info so I would take their word for it.
Their info come from Sky Italy

Anyway, 5 days till the launch?
I couldn't tell what is exactly his role, and I don't think even Ferrari has clarified much about it, but I can tell you he is an extremely clever guy...
Thank you!

GPR-A duplicate2

From La Gazetta....

GPR-A duplicate2

GPR-A wrote:It would be nice if they go full red (or Scarlet???), with just labels of white, rather than patches of white or black applied. And also the complete red overalls. I hate those white patches on both car and the team gears. Not sure if that has something to do with Marlboro.
http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/ ... 40x360.jpg
http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/Form ... /mic6a.jpg
http://www.motivemagazine.com/emAlbum/a ... ns-001.jpg
CAPELLI: WHITE DOES NOT BRING GOOD RESULTS TO FERRARI

f1316

I think that's a very pretty car - I hope that's how the nose ends up (actually seems like a clever hybrid of the Mercedes nose and a slightly longer one - potentially the best of both worlds).

Superstition from Capelli. It's things like that which mean Ferrari never have Italian drivers any more - since he, and more recently Badoer and Fisichella - didn't exactly cover themselves in glory. if the right one came along, the past should have no bearing.

F1NAC

Alcatraz wrote:
ferkan wrote:
Alcatraz wrote:
Which site?
F1analisitecnica. That could be longer wheel base as well who knows. In any case they are reporting today that Ferrari might have problems at testing and that there still are vibrations in engine. Said that there is a completely new and very agressive gearbox that created bunch of problems on dyno and are still unsure how that one will go and if it will be used in Barca 1st test.

New nose is much more extreme version of TR with something unique and it had alot of crash tests before it passed it.

Engine cover will be white with Italian flag. They mentioned it weights slightly less and that it doesnt attract as much heat from sun like black one (?). There will be new radiators that are much more verticle and weight 6kg less. They dont cause aero lockup, but they currently have problems with making everything cool enough.

In nutshell, very agressive design from Ferrari on all fronts but plenty of problems with heat, engine vibrations and new gearbox. Who knoes how this will turn out.
F1analisitecnica info come from Italian Sky, it's what Italian Sky can't say publicly.

Anyway, Motorsport said there will be a longer chassis and that clutch will be moved inside the gearbox. Autosprint reported some weeks ago Ferrari had problem with gearbox because it was a new concept, maybe it's true they have problem with gearbox. Instead a today's version of La Gazzetta dello Sport shows a nose similar to the one of Mercedes, more reliable. The Italian flag was reported by another Italian site.

But it will an aggressive Ferrari. I'm waiting to see it on Friday
Cant wait to see if there is a pull rod or push rod in front. If there is a pull rod then all these winter speculations may be well..... false

GPR-A duplicate2

f1316 wrote:I think that's a very pretty car - I hope that's how the nose ends up (actually seems like a clever hybrid of the Mercedes nose and a slightly longer one - potentially the best of both worlds).

Superstition from Capelli. It's things like that which mean Ferrari never have Italian drivers any more - since he, and more recently Badoer and Fisichella - didn't exactly cover themselves in glory. if the right one came along, the past should have no bearing.
If you look at the mis management that the Ferrari Young Drivers academy has been doing with it's talent pool, unlike Red Bull, it's hard to expect any other driver academies to pick up talent from Italy and make them international class. Ferrari always believe in hiring established driver, than to risk with a super rookie. Who knows what Binachi would have done, if given an opportunity. There isn't any super kid on the block of young racing series' either, who is an Italian. The "Nirvana", an Italian driver winning a championship with Italian marquee, would probably never happen.

GPR-A duplicate2

GPR-A wrote:
f1316 wrote:I think that's a very pretty car - I hope that's how the nose ends up (actually seems like a clever hybrid of the Mercedes nose and a slightly longer one - potentially the best of both worlds).

If you look at the mis management that the Ferrari Young Drivers academy has been doing with it's talent pool, unlike Red Bull, it's hard to expect any other driver academies to pick up talent from Italy and make them international class. Ferrari always believe in hiring established driver, than to risk with a super rookie. Who knows what Binachi would have done, if given an opportunity. There isn't any super kid on the block of young racing series' either, who is an Italian. The "Nirvana", an Italian driver winning a championship with Italian marquee, would probably never happen.
Sorry to be off topic.

Scuderia1967

I love this livery, but I think the nose is too high

dren

I am expecting a new gearbox that allows more room above the diffuser at the rear. The rumors are the PU components were shifted around to clear up that area, too. So, tighter and lifted rear body work with a new nose. That's about what I expected. Will it be enough?
Honda!