Ferrari 667 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
pciarro

Re: Ferrari 667 Speculation Thread

pciarro wrote:
ferkan wrote:There is a report from Italy saying that, according to source close to Ferrari and Haas, Haas actually has better data from wind tunnel and that Ferrari is aware of that. What kind of humiliation would that be if rookie team beats or even matches them. Again, generally the site hasnt been wrong one time that I know of so its a worrying report.
Source?
I think the article is http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2016/02 ... zioni.html

That being said, I would be really surprised if Ferrari would not face reliability issue considering how the car seems to be faster then the previous one at the simulator.

f1316

GPR-A wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
f1316 wrote:I think that's a very pretty car - I hope that's how the nose ends up (actually seems like a clever hybrid of the Mercedes nose and a slightly longer one - potentially the best of both worlds).

Superstition from Capelli. It's things like that which mean Ferrari never have Italian drivers any more - since he, and more recently Badoer and Fisichella - didn't exactly cover themselves in glory. if the right one came along, the past should have no bearing.
If you look at the mis management that the Ferrari Young Drivers academy has been doing with it's talent pool, unlike Red Bull, it's hard to expect any other driver academies to pick up talent from Italy and make them international class. Ferrari always believe in hiring established driver, than to risk with a super rookie. Who knows what Binachi would have done, if given an opportunity. There isn't any super kid on the block of young racing series' either, who is an Italian. The "Nirvana", an Italian driver winning a championship with Italian marquee, would probably never happen.
Sorry to be off topic.
I actually think Luca Ghiotto is much more impressive than Esteban Ocon - who Renault seem keen on - but otherwise agree with all of that.

George-Jung

f1316 wrote:I guess this is off topic, but seeing the 6kg lighter (supposedly) radiators, and knowing that the weight reduced will just get added on in the form of ballast, makes me think how anti-efficiency that is. Lugging around completely unnecessary weight just for the sake of it is kinda inefficient in these days of minimum full weight/flow etc.
It is great for balancing out the car to driver preference..

Blackout

f1316 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
GPR-A wrote:If you look at the mis management that the Ferrari Young Drivers academy has been doing with it's talent pool, unlike Red Bull, it's hard to expect any other driver academies to pick up talent from Italy and make them international class. Ferrari always believe in hiring established driver, than to risk with a super rookie. Who knows what Binachi would have done, if given an opportunity. There isn't any super kid on the block of young racing series' either, who is an Italian. The "Nirvana", an Italian driver winning a championship with Italian marquee, would probably never happen.
Sorry to be off topic.
I actually think Luca Ghiotto is much more impressive than Esteban Ocon - who Renault seem keen on - but otherwise agree with all of that.
This is OT but I heard Ghiotto was nothing before GP3. Many people where surprised by him in GP3, while Ocon was very good in every category he ran.

Scuderia1967

Blackout wrote:
f1316 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
This is OT but I heard Ghiotto was nothing before GP3. Many people where surprised by him in GP3, while Ocon was very good in every category he ran.
He finished 2nd in both italian and european Formula Abarth, and again 2nd in Formula Renault 2.0. In my book that's impressive, as they're two very competitive series

f1316

George-Jung wrote:
f1316 wrote:I guess this is off topic, but seeing the 6kg lighter (supposedly) radiators, and knowing that the weight reduced will just get added on in the form of ballast, makes me think how anti-efficiency that is. Lugging around completely unnecessary weight just for the sake of it is kinda inefficient in these days of minimum full weight/flow etc.
Sure. I understand why teams still want to reduce weight because being able to play with the ballast is extremely important for overall performance.

I'm just saying the concept of a minimum weight is counterintuitive to efficiently .

pob

George-Jung wrote:
The mandated weight distribution is still in the technical regs (4.2): if the car is at the minimum weight, there is essentially only 7kg of ballast that can be moved between front and rear (less than 1% of the car weight).

rscsr

pob wrote:
George-Jung wrote:
The mandated weight distribution is still in the technical regs (4.2): if the car is at the minimum weight, there is essentially only 7kg of ballast that can be moved between front and rear (less than 1% of the car weight).
But you are still lowering the cog with a lighter car. Therefore you still have found some time.

zioture

Last video Scuderia Ferrari

Scuderia1967

zioture wrote:Last video Scuderia Ferrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBiCfap ... e=youtu.be
Singha as a new sponsor. I wonder if they left Red Bull, or are sponsoring both? Also Mahle is now on the drivers overalls

Scuderia1967

Scuderia1967 wrote:
zioture wrote:Last video Scuderia Ferrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBiCfap ... e=youtu.be
Singha as a new sponsor. I wonder if they left Red Bull, or are sponsoring both? Also Mahle is now on the drivers overalls
Ups! Sorry moderators, I should've posted this in the team thread :oops:

C Plinius Secundus

zioture wrote:https://twitter.com/Graftechweb/status/ ... 4960509953
FIA HSS Camera 2016 rear facing high camera
Is the airbox white behind Vettel's right shoulder?

Kalsi

C Plinius Secundus wrote:
zioture wrote:https://twitter.com/Graftechweb/status/ ... 4960509953
FIA HSS Camera 2016 rear facing high camera
Is the airbox white behind Vettel's right shoulder?

http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Gaius_P ... c.jpg.html
The whole cockpit area (just the cockpit camera is red) seems to be white painted in the video... but that could just be a dummy for seat customization purposes

turbof1

I know this is the speculation topic and there is no real news about the car, but can we please find it in ourselves to talk about something else then the whiting of the car? One day guys, and it'll be over.
#AeroFrodo