Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FoxHound

Re: Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer Speculation Thread

ME4ME wrote: An assumption often made. The thing is Red Bull has a partnership with Total in more than just F1. It extents to basically all their motorsport activities. The Dakar rally for example, almost every single vehicle with Red Bull sponsoring has also the
Total logo on it.
Thing is, Adrian Newey came out a couple days ago to say that it is the fuel itself as well software that makes a huge difference.
According to Newey, F1 needs every team to have identical engines, software and fuel.
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... el__Newey/

This would obviously suit Red Bull perfectly, less so McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes or Renault, and to my mind F1 in general.
The problem with this is, no engine or fuel provider would want to participate in such a formula. And what rankles here with Total sponsorship, is that Total fuels juiced up the Renault's that Red Bull berated.

So in Red Bull world, all items they don't build need to be equalised. Only the things they do make, can be competitively used for advantages.

I don't know if Newey said this next bit tongue in cheek, but he also mentions getting new manufacturers on board like Audi.
In an an identical engine formula? Don't hold your breath Adrian.
JET set

ME4ME

FoxHound wrote:
ME4ME wrote: An assumption often made. The thing is Red Bull has a partnership with Total in more than just F1. It extents to basically all their motorsport activities. The Dakar rally for example, almost every single vehicle with Red Bull sponsoring has also the
Total logo on it.
Thing is, Adrian Newey came out a couple days ago to say that it is the fuel itself as well software that makes a huge difference.
According to Newey, F1 needs every team to have identical engines, software and fuel.

This would obviously suit Red Bull perfectly, less so McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes or Renault, and to my mind F1 in general.
The problem with this is, no engine or fuel provider would want to participate in such a formula. And what rankles here with Total sponsorship, is that Total fuels juiced up the Renault's that Red Bull berated.

So in Red Bull world, all items they don't build need to be equalised. Only the things they do make, can be competitively used for advantages.

I don't know if Newey said this next bit tongue in cheek, but he also mentions getting new manufacturers on board like Audi.
In an an identical engine formula? Don't hold your breath Adrian.
Is there any point you try to make which contradicts my statement? We are talking about different things here, i'm confused why you quoted me.

That being said, be more careful with your interpretation. Newey isn't suggesting that all teams should have the same fuel. What he says is that PU costumers should have to possibility to be provided with the same view the factory team uses.

FoxHound

There is no contradiction, it's an extension to your point.

Red Bull will happily take Total cash, even though they are party to Renault's woes.

Red Bull also instigated the move for the 'alternative' engine, itself far superior to the manufacturers own engines, and not because of design, but because of the rules.

Thereby making a two tier series and largely making manufacturer efforts redundant.

When this was ushered out, they wanted 'engine parity'.
Much like the frozen engine formula.
This by any interpretation can be deemed as equality on an identical performance level. Hence my interpretation.

The issue is a Red Bull problem, not an F1 problem. Red Bull insist on making it a problem for the sport as a whole.
JET set

desl

ME4ME wrote:g is Red Bull has a partnership with Total in more than just F1. It extents to basically all their motorsport activities. The Dakar rally for example, almost every single vehicle with Red Bull sponsoring has also the Total logo on it.
Not all ... just the Peugeot's

The Qatar Red Bull Rally Team was founded. drivers of the Demon Jeffries buggys were Nasser Al-Attiyah and Carlos Sainz
No Total sponsoring (see note below, X-Raid team)

Nasser Al-Attiyah switched to Qatar X-Raid Racing Team, still sponsored by Red Bull ... but not sponsored by Total
Carlos Sainz drive a SMG buggy for the SMG-Red Bull Rally Team. No Total sponsoring
Total sponsored Monster Energy X-Raid.

2015 and 2016
Nasser Al-Attiyah remained at the Qatar X-Raid Racing Team, sponsored by Red Bull, not by Total

Sainz drives for Team Peugeot Total ... like in your image shown.
While the Peugeot's are Total sponsored, the Monster Energy X-Raid Minis lost their Total-batches after 2014

X-Raid and Total:

Al-Attiyah drives the Red Bull sponsored X-Raid Mini which is not sponsored by Total. The other X-Raid drivers (Nani Roma, Orlando Terranova, etc.) were sponsored by "Monster Energy" (until 2015) ... and they were Total branded until 2014, before the RedBull-Peugeot entered the dakar.

cmF1

Could someone remind me please when Red Bull are having their livery launch? Or is the whole livery and car launch happening at the first test?
プラスとマイナス

skoop

cmF1 wrote:Could someone remind me please when Red Bull are having their livery launch? Or is the whole livery and car launch happening at the first test?
afaik it's everything oh the first day of testing, but i'm not 100% sure

ME4ME

Iivery launch the 17th according to the F1fanatic calendar.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/contact/f1-fanatic-calendar/

adrianjordan

Really would like to see them change it up a gear this season. I've always liked their livery, but something different would be nice!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

skoop

i think last years testing livery looked great

Thunder

I liked it too, but Sponsor visibility is was Poor. So we pretty sure won't get anything like that.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

MercAMGF1Fans

ok.. from what i've recently found out, the new Livery is "A lot more dark blue" and I might be going to the Livery Launch next week..

denisjp

From last year I didn't like the "Red Bull" placing. I preferred the 3 stripes.

SectorOne

FoxHound wrote:
Total logo on it.

I find it interesting how he´s making these wild assumptions and in the same breath clears Renault from it.
It’s very curious to me that we have this set of regulations where the manufacturer has to supply the same hardware to other teams but it’s no under no obligation to supply the same software and therefore the same performance,” said Newey.

“Nobody is complaining about this because the customer teams can’t complain because their contract doesn’t allow them to.”

Newey said Renault, who fell out with Red Bull last season but have patched up a relationship that looked to be irreparable at one point, were an exception, “They have always given the same power units in every sense of the word, including software, to their customer teams as their works teams.”
So Mercedes and Ferrari are "obviously" not giving out the same software (he knows this how) but Renault, that happens to supply engines to his team, are obviously the good guys, and will remain the good guys when Renault has their own team.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Just_a_fan

Newey's an aerodynamicist so he wants a Formula that favours aerodynamics i.e. one where the engines etc. are the same and only the aero package differentiates the performance of a car. It's the usual RedBull whine and, it seems to me, that the whole RedBull whining strategy from the last two years has been driven by Newey.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Yeah totally agree. We never heard the engine departments carry on like Newey has done. The engine departments had as much to complain about in years gone by about F1 being an Aero dominated formula.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC