Force India VJM09 Mercedes Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Racer X

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes Speculation Thread

Haas..... Sergio and Hulk if any two drivers can give you a strong season in a difficult car it's them two. That's the thing I like about the pair. With the NEW tire situation we might not be so bad off with this under developed car. In fact we don't really know what their plan is but......

God I hope there is a plan because HAAS came out talking smack and throwing punches.... Very American I might add..... I would hate to see Force India beat by the likes of HAAS'.....
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

FrukostScones

Helios wrote:You guys must have been suffering back when Ferrari used to bring last years car to the first few races of 2002 and 2003. :roll:
2002 was pure terror
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ChrisM40

Its a bit different when you know there is going to be a new car down the road (and the old car was fast anyway), but we dont know that here. If this is it, they are in trouble.

Racer X

ChrisM40 wrote:Its a bit different when you know there is going to be a new car down the road (and the old car was fast anyway), but we dont know that here. If this is it, they are in trouble.
That's what I'm thinking we still aren't sure what they are going to do. I mean they might want to start off the day with this Development driver using some older parts as a reference an then the real drivers with the new parts. But if this is it.... then I see the whole front pack going further away in terms of speeD from our team and Slower teams fighting us..... we might have a bad season this year....
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

zac510

When the rules are not changing significantly and your package (ie engine) does not change I don't see why the end of one season should mean a whole new car. It is perhaps far more economical for a midfield team like FI to evolve a car to its limit and then make a tub - be it in December, or June.
It is tradition, however, to make a new car each season but we shouldn't bind our judgement of FI to that. Let's see how their track times go first.
No good turn goes unpunished.

charly0418

Chief Operating Officer, Otmar Szafnauer adds: “The wind tunnel programme in Cologne is maturing nicely and I’m encouraged by the gains we have made over the winter. The first major aero updates should be on the car in time for Melbourne and we also plan another big step for the start of the European season.”

meh

GTO99

Let me get this straight...
>because Force India unveiled a 2015 car
>a brand new F1 team that has not finished a single GP, ran their car a single lap of a GP or even ran a single lap of official practice to qualify for a GP, and talked up trash that their car is better than a team (with over 65 yrs. of F1 experience) supplying their engine, drive and a whole lot of parts & facilities.
>then based on a few pics of a shiny new Haas car (basically also a 2015 car) you guys believe Haas will beat a Force India car that finished 5th in Constructors standing last season & also had podium finish.
:wtf:

domh245

Does anyone know if they are still using the 'old' dashboard display, or if they have moved to a screen like everybody else?

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Facts Only

Sometimes I wonder about the thought processes (or lack there of) of the people on this site.

A strong mid-field team with a fast car in the final year before a (planned) big rule change has kept their car largely the same.... and that's a bad thing is it?

Or is it in fact by far the most astute thing to do. Protect your 5th place with minimum expenditure by developing an already good car and concentrate on developing a new car for the (expected) new 2017 rules. FIF1 would have been mental in the brain to tear up everything up and start with a clean sheet design now.

The incumbent top 4 are too far ahead so leapfrogging them is a very very tall order. But look at whose behind: STR hamstrung by 2015 engines, Sauber... oh dear, Manor the minnows, HAAS are a brand new team and Renault in the midst of restructuring with a poor engine. The only threat is McLaren if Honda come good.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

turbof1

The speculation topic will now be closed. Discussion will continue in the official car topic: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 12&t=23860

Remember: the official car topics have more stringent rules! Read the first post for guidelines.
#AeroFrodo