Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ripper
ripper

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

About the PU:

- 0 tokens for turbine changes
- 2 tokens for compressor changes

flickerf1
flickerf1

Upgraded rear suspension + bodywork:
https://twitter.com/andihaupt1/status/7 ... 6397571077

EDIT: Left is Canada upgrades.
The Wicked + The Divine.

f300v10
f300v10

The sidepod exit has been shortened by several inches and has a downward slope compared to the previous version:

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

zioture
zioture

Sevach
Sevach

Rear Bodywork comparison.

Formula Wrong

Now it's official:
AMuS reports that Ferrari's bending rear wing I posted a while ago has also been seen by other Teams; here's a link to the article from which I'll quote below (some phrases can't be directly translated but I chose a translation that fits as much as possible :) )
The Ferrari-rear wing itself passes all of FIA’s stress tests. The crucial point is the wing’s suspension which goes through the exhaust pipe and sits on the rear crash structure, which also is connected to the upper rear wishbones of the rear suspension. Apparently, the carbon structure grants a certain flexibility or the whole structure gets pulled backwards with increasing speed; possibly supported by the Diffusor which is connected to the rear wing end plates. [...] As the FIA does not test the bendability of neither the rear wing support nor the monkey seat, Ferrari's solution is legal. [...] FIA is thinking about introducing new stress tests to end this.
If you no longer go for the space someone always has to leave, you're no longer a racing driver

Juzh

But for what purpose would they ban this? I mean why must all innovation be banned? Just for the sake of it?

Formula Wrong

Juzh wrote:But for what purpose would they ban this? I mean why must all innovation be banned? Just for the sake of it?
Most likely because it's a loophole in the regulations. FIA certainly didn't write them with the intention to let the teams build this. Just like programmers want to close back doors in their codes, the FIA wants to close them in their regulation. -unfortunately sacrificing innovations by doing so -, probably in order to keep things kind of fair for everyone.

However I am suprised that Ferrari seems to be the only team doing this. Finding such an aero-loophole I'd rather have expected from Red Bull :mrgreen:
If you no longer go for the space someone always has to leave, you're no longer a racing driver

Mamba
Mamba

Am I understanding correctly that it is only Red Bull with a new shorter nose and not Ferrari as reported on the media or was new the Ferrari nose not ready for this Grand Prix? We only received news of the supposed update this week so it could be in the pipeline for Baku or a following GP?

Regards
MAMBA

poolboy67

Mamba wrote:Am I understanding correctly that it is only Red Bull with a new shorter nose and not Ferrari as reported on the media or was new the Ferrari nose not ready for this Grand Prix? We only received news of the supposed update this week so it could be in the pipeline for Baku or a following GP?

Regards
MAMBA
it was not originally reported to be for ferrari. the orginial news said some team has passed the crash test on their new nose, and it was revealed to have been RB.

again with this stupid short nose malarkey. it's as if it was still the most important thing to some people.

and when's the last time ferrari put a new nose on their car mid-season?
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

Cuky

poolboy67 wrote:and when's the last time ferrari put a new nose on their car mid-season?
Spanish GP 2008 if I am not mistaken when they introduced what we now know as an S-Duct

oblongs
oblongs

Cuky wrote:
poolboy67 wrote:and when's the last time ferrari put a new nose on their car mid-season?
Spanish GP 2008 if I am not mistaken when they introduced what we now know as an S-Duct
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3KGElOlJO_Y/V ... hn1025.jpg
They had two different noses in 2013

Mamba
Mamba

poolboy67 wrote:
it was not originally reported to be for ferrari. the orginial news said some team has passed the crash test on their new nose, and it was revealed to have been RB.

again with this stupid short nose malarkey. it's as if it was still the most important thing to some people.
We all know how important the front of the car is in terms of aerodynamics. If they can develop a shorter nose that will perhaps bring the air around/under the nose in a clearer and less disrupted way a la Williams they should do it. Most other teams with a budget seem to invest in making that area as short and "clean" as possible.

Thanks for answering my question but let's now keep to the topic at hand guys. (Spare the mods some work... :wink: )

Regards!
MAMBA

timbo
timbo

oblongs wrote:
Cuky wrote:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3KGElOlJO_Y/V ... hn1025.jpg
They had two different noses in 2013
http://i.imgur.com/WjYUPfC.jpg
http://cdn-1.motorsport.com/static/img/ ... t-wing.jpg
Actually at least three: