Mercedes AMG F1 W07

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zac510
zac510

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W07

domh245 wrote:Nico remembered to activate start mode on his wheel, but failed to change the strat dial from a fuel conserving, ERS harvesting, slow speed setting to the normal race mode setting. The start mode overrode the strat setting, which is why he kept up with Lewis in the run to turn 1 and through turn 2/3. After a period of time (or possibly once a certain speed is reached but I'm fairly sure it's the latter), the start mode runs out and switches back to whatever the driver has selected, which in this case was the slow speed, fuel conserving, ERS harvesting mode, which reduced his acceleration and led to the incident.
Thanks for clarifying it!
No good turn goes unpunished.

turbof1

I would like to give a pre warning to not to discuss the "sportive side" of the incident in the car thread.

For the record: the way the discussion has gone down here up to this point is fine; discussion is about the engine modes and the selections on the steering wheel, which is hardware discussion and the ramifications of those. So that's all good. I'm just wary of the discussion taking a sudden turn for another round of blaming and shaming.
#AeroFrodo

GoranF1
GoranF1

Albert Fabrega

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Thunder

Is it me or are the Wingtips in the Y250 Area (2 Top Planes)less bent/twisted than before?

Here are Pictures from Barcelona.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

F1NAC

Thunders wrote:Is it me or are the Wingtips in the Y250 Area (2 Top Planes)less bent/twisted than before?

Here are Pictures from Barcelona.
http://s32.postimg.org/rwxq3dj7p/Ci_Rf0 ... _large.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiRs7ulXIAI6lLu.jpg
In post before they put old wing on the car. Look at the endplate, there is no 3 winglets like on new one

oblongs
oblongs

Thunders wrote:Is it me or are the Wingtips in the Y250 Area (2 Top Planes)less bent/twisted than before?
Bigger pic...the tips look the same but the endplates are different as F1NAC said

Thunder

Ahh ok, that explains it. Thanks.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

The details on this car are shockingly beautiful, it really is something.

SectorOne

Is there any part on the car that does not feature a slit or gil? :)
At this rate soon you´ll be able to look right through the car at certain angles.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Mattchu

I never realized Rosberg and Hamilton had the dials in different places on the steering wheels. I`d have thought it was a standard wheel they both would use! Even different colours for stuff like brake bias and DRS (one on the left, one right). Xbox/PS4 has nowt on these...

astracrazy
astracrazy

whos wheel is it that has reminders all on it?

kalinka
kalinka

Interesting also that on steering on upper picture all the buttons are much more protected against accidental activating. They all have rings around for protection. against unwanted activation. Wonder which is Rosberg's and which is Hamilton's ?

Big Mangalhit

Funny that one has a Radio button and the other just says "talk" on the button, though it has a "radio" option on the right switcher of the three main ones

Manu_Forti

kalinka wrote:Interesting also that on steering on upper picture all the buttons are much more protected against accidental activating. They all have rings around for protection. against unwanted activation. Wonder which is Rosberg's and which is Hamilton's ?
Think you'll find thats drivers preference for feel, they dont look at the buttons while selecting them most of the time and have to locate them by feel alone.
"In times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act" .. George Orwell