Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
trinidefender

Re: Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer

turbof1 wrote:Really guys? Speculation in the sense of "what if" and "could have"? In a car thread? I had to grow an extra pair of arms to give a proper expression how I feel about that:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Z6JjV2ZWK1A/hqdefault.jpg

Let me end this little yin yang discussion by the normal procedure: remove and conquer. With that done we interrupt you for an informative message: this is a car thread. Discussion is restricted as according to the guidelines in the first post, to the hardware of the car i.e. the physical parts. Performance in the sense where the car could have ended up in any particular race is not a physical part of a car.
So then where should those posts end up? I've asked you personally this question before and still have not got a straight answer to this.

The race thread is too jumbled and make is impossible for people to focus on one car with people talking about different things.
Team thread......errrrr not really as far as I can see. That just leaves us with the car thread. I have always been and will continue to be a supported that individual car data such as lap times or performance for a specific car would go quite well in the car thread.

Then again these are just the musings of a madman

turbof1

Trinidefender wrote:The race thread is too jumbled and make is impossible for people to focus on one car with people talking about different things.
Actually, that's exactly the topic we'd normally refer to in such a situation. Question about "what if" and "could have position X" can be considered as race strategy (not general team strategy, that belongs in the teal thread) and belong in the race thread.

Mind that there is some sense of leniency until a point. That point was previously crossed when discussion broke out where the car should have ended, which clearly belongs to the race threads. This is a hardware & development thread, so discussion has to be about its hardware and the development of that hardware.

Also mind I'm not blind for your argument that pushing the discussion into the race thread is not helpful to keep focus on one particular topic. I'll allow for now a separate thread to be created in the general chat subforum to discuss such "what if" and "could have" topics. Meanwhile, I'll discuss with the moderator group how to set up a proper structure. Personally, my thoughts are about slightly tweaking the team topics to make them more relevant to include none-hardware car related discussions.
#AeroFrodo

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Manoah2u

funny how just when the teams 'finally' catch up to the uber-dominant team, the rules get revised and everybody's back to square one, just awaiting to see who's gonna be the new 'dominance'. FERRARI > REDBULL > MERCEDES > WHAT'sNEXt?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

F1NAC

there it is (canopy)

patrik

Karun Chandhok has a better angle:

turbof1

So guys, I'll try to get a bit of clarity on this because I understand this is confusing!

We have a seperate topic for cockpit protection in 2017: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=23874

Until now, everything about cockpit protection has been discussed in that topic. It's a rather lenient topic where one can praise or publicly torch aesthetics and/or the safety.

Now we have a canopy midseason to be tested on the RB12. Strictly speaking this is a hardware part and relevant to this topic.

However since this part is to be tested to be possibly used in 2017, and since it's about safety/aesthetics, it's also relevant to our aforementioned thread.

So we are going to do this this way:
  • Discussion about it's impact on the car performance go in this very topic you are currently reading this message, the RB12 car topic.
  • Discussion about the aesthetics/safety/... go in the "Closed Cockpits agreed for 2017" topic.
This to keep the specific discussions in their own separate topics.

Note no posts on the subject of the RB12 canopy will be removed if they end up in the wrong topic. In such a case the moderator group will move such posts to the correct topic.

[/i]
#AeroFrodo

continuum16

Can't find a good pic, but they have a new rear wing (endplates at least) with strakes. Not sure if they have a slimmer wing with less downforce too.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

flickerf1

The Wicked + The Divine.

Thunder

Embeded your Link: https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 5200267264 And the Picture in Big:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Sevach

Morteza

Via@AlbertFabrega

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

mclaren111

Re: McLaren MP4-31 Honda

Red Bull:

Aerodynamic suspension "part" if ever I've seen one !!

hardingfv32

What is the green tool in the lower center of the last picture?

Brian

timbo

hardingfv32 wrote:What is the green tool in the lower center of the last picture?

Brian
Probably a quick release for the nosecone