Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
DiogoBrand

Re: Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer

trinidefender wrote:
DiogoBrand wrote:I wouldn't bet against them already preparing for next season. We all know what happened when they prepared in advance for the 2009 rule changes.
Generally most teams (who are wel funded) start working on the next seasons car once the present season starts. When I say starts working on I mean setting goals, benchmarks and initial drafts.
Yeah but some teams work differently than others on those situations.
McLaren and Ferrari, for instance, were so busy fighting for the 2007 and 2008 championships that when 2009 came, Red Bull, who pretty much ditched the 2008 season in favour of preparing for the new rules, dominated them both for the next 6 seasons. It was only last year that one of the other two was able to beat Red Bull.
So I guess Red Bull is probably one of the teams that's most concentrating on next season over this one, especially because they're probably the ones that most requested them.

djos

GPR-A wrote:RICCIARDO AND MAGNUSSEN TO GET RENAULT UPGRADE IN MONACO
Although Renault has actually slated Canada as the debut race for the 35 horse power, 5-tenths-per-lap power unit upgrade, officials are considering fast-tracking the process to Monaco next weekend.

But Auto Motor und Sport reports that the problem with that plan could be a lack of spare parts, meaning only one works Renault and one Red Bull gets the upgrade for the streets of the Principality.

For Red Bull, it might be a difficult decision. Does Max Verstappen, F1’s new teen winner, get the Tag-Heuer branded upgrade, or should it go to the more experienced Daniel Ricciardo?

“Very clearly, I would give the engine to Ricciardo,” Niki Lauda, the F1 legend and Mercedes’ team chairman, said.

“Max Verstappen is the man of the future, but despite all the hype about his (Max’s) first victory, you have to say that Ricciardo is still the better overall package,” he added.
Outstanding news!
"In downforce we trust"

zac510

Although Renault has actually slated Canada as the debut race for the 35 horse power, 5-tenths-per-lap power unit upgrade, officials are considering fast-tracking the process to Monaco next weekend.

But Auto Motor und Sport reports that the problem with that plan could be a lack of spare parts, meaning only one works Renault and one Red Bull gets the upgrade for the streets of the Principality.

For Red Bull, it might be a difficult decision. Does Max Verstappen, F1’s new teen winner, get the Tag-Heuer branded upgrade, or should it go to the more experienced Daniel Ricciardo?

“Very clearly, I would give the engine to Ricciardo,” Niki Lauda, the F1 legend and Mercedes’ team chairman, said.

“Max Verstappen is the man of the future, but despite all the hype about his (Max’s) first victory, you have to say that Ricciardo is still the better overall package,” he added.
This is a rubbish speculative article. This post is even worse because the news article is paraphrased to remove the speculation which makes it just plain misleading.
No good turn goes unpunished.

Juzh

If true, those are some good manners from renault it must be said. Sacrificing their own car for the benefit of a customer.

Jolle

Juzh wrote:If true, those are some good manners from renault it must be said. Sacrificing their own car for the benefit of a customer.
More like a contractual obligation ;-)

cramr

Jolle wrote:
Juzh wrote:If true, those are some good manners from renault it must be said. Sacrificing their own car for the benefit of a customer.
In exchanged of some big amounts of money as well

Juzh

cramr wrote:
Jolle wrote:
In exchanged of some big amounts of money as well
Makes sense as well.

carisi2k

Not really that bad because having perspective over 2 cars is a good thing. If one car is fighting up the front of the grid and the other is fighting at the rear then it really is a no brainer because you want to see what the engine can do in a top line car. It could very well be that the RB12 has won the normal spark ignition engines last grand prix.

erikejw

It also makes sense to be able to compare the new engine in 2 teams vs the exact same car during a weekend to look at every possible parameter.

Jolle

erikejw wrote:It also makes sense to be able to compare the new engine in 2 teams vs the exact same car during a weekend to look at every possible parameter.
I imagine they did that in the Barcelona test already. Monaco is the worst place to do that kind of test. For most drivers/cars it's one big game of crisis management instead of racing :P

RedBull has a contract that they must have the same spec engine as the Renaukt team. If they had just one engine, Renault couldn't run it without the approval of RedBull.

Thunder

New RW Endplate for Monaco:

I think the 3 Stakes have been on the Car before right? https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/735407239188623360
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

F1NAC

Thunders wrote:New RW Endplate for Monaco:

I think the 3 Stakes have been on the Car before right?
https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/735407239188623360
You're right sir.

From RUssia

ME4ME

Looks like they've also gone away from the long, slim vertical cut-out that they used previously in the year.

GPR-A duplicate2

zac510 wrote:

This is a rubbish speculative article. This post is even worse because the news article is paraphrased to remove the speculation which makes it just plain misleading.
I hope you realized by now that you were high on something.
Ricciardo gets upgraded Renault engine for Monaco
Next time, check yourself before troubling the fingers.

Thunder

Better View of the new Endplate:
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 6496201728

And AMuS:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum