Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Re: Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer

But that effectively increases AoA. Given the current ruleset, I don't think you can construct a rear wing which increases AoA when rake lowers.

Look SR71, you have a bright mind. But from time to time you can be as stubborn as a stone pillar. There are 3 or 4 people all saying the same. Put your feelings on this aside and think it through.

moving on.
#AeroFrodo

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

SR71 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:Yes, it's a silly hypothesis. I was merely showing SR71 where the article said what he claimed it didn't. He appears to be the only person who believes in squat-stalling rear wings.

really? so you're on record saying its impossible to stall a wing by rotating it down? confirm or deny...
I don't think the RedBull stalls its rear wing by rotating the whole car around the front axle by 0.5-1.0 degree at speed.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

SR71 wrote: Yes you can if the wing profile features a deep camber line and the angle change breaks laminar flow on the top surface.
Does the RedBull feature such a deeply cambered rear wing? Bear in mind that the flap element changes the whole effective profile of the wing. Your earlier illustration missed that out if I remember correctly.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

SR71 wrote:
Let's also be clear not one forum member has presented evidence (you'd need RB's actual wing profiles, which you dont have) that they arent doing this... just a bunch of typical handbag swinging nay-sayers.
And you haven't provided evidence that they are. The article that started this isn't exactly a qualified source.

bhall II
bhall II

SR71 wrote:Yes you can if the wing profile features a deep camber line and the angle change breaks laminar flow on the top surface.
F1 wings do not function like the wings of an aircraft. Laminar flow over them is (mostly) irrelevant.

SR71

bhall II wrote:
SR71 wrote:Yes you can if the wing profile features a deep camber line and the angle change breaks laminar flow on the top surface.
F1 wings do not function like the wings of an aircraft. Laminar flow over them is (mostly) irrelevant.

http://i.imgur.com/dsdfqge.gif

good point

lio007

Unfortunately in french, but really cool pics: http://www.f1i.com/magazine/magazine-te ... bull-rb12/

Some good shots of front assembly and gearbox:

And some PU-shots:

carisi2k

The details on the rb12 are mind blowing. It would be amazing to see how it compares to the Renault. I wonder if Renault will take any lessons from Red Bull for their 2017 car.
Last edited by carisi2k on 23 Aug 2016, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

gandharva

The PU packaging is awesome. Even more when you consider this is not a works-team.

PlatinumZealot

I thought this forum was PG-13??
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

DiogoBrand

carisi2k wrote:The details on the rb6 are mind blowing. It would be amazing to see how it compares to the Renault. I wonder if Renault will take any lessons from Red Bull for their 2017 car.
I don't think Red Bull will be eager to share too much information with Renault once they show the slightest hint that they may become competitive.
gandharva wrote:The PU packaging is awesome. Even more when you consider this is not a works-team.
Well, for the moment, I wouldn't exactly call Red Bull a customer team. Since currently they're the only chance for Renault to see their PU doing well, I should imagine that they're treated pretty much as a works team... for now.

carisi2k

DiogoBrand wrote:
carisi2k wrote:The details on the rb6 are mind blowing. It would be amazing to see how it compares to the Renault. I wonder if Renault will take any lessons from Red Bull for their 2017 car.
I don't think Red Bull will be eager to share too much information with Renault once they show the slightest hint that they may become competitive.
gandharva wrote:The PU packaging is awesome. Even more when you consider this is not a works-team.
Well, for the moment, I wouldn't exactly call Red Bull a customer team. Since currently they're the only chance for Renault to see their PU doing well, I should imagine that they're treated pretty much as a works team... for now.
I was thinking more along the lines of Renault learning from photos taken such as those above as to how to package the car properly. They are a customer team as they are paying $30 million euro or something for engines.

turbof1

That is going quite off topic guys. It belongs in the team thread.
#AeroFrodo

Sevach
Sevach

Drica