McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FrukostScones

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

mmmm looks good in the details. (and why would draw someone such a nose cone unless it's real???) nose drop looks accurate, barge boards look good , diffuser looks big (too big) ????????????????

could it be we see the MCL32 here? Or do I want to get fooled? prob the 2nd.

Monday can't come soon enough. (sauber pics)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

bosyber
bosyber

It looks very cool. But the rear breakducts and front suspension look, to me at least, like typical for 'concept' F1 renderings; too squared and simple shapes to be the real thing.

wogx

The middle bracket of rear wing (above exhaust) looks weird. I don't see DRS there.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

domh245
domh245

It also looks like the rear wing has got two supports instead of one in addition to what wogx has noted. I don't think that is legal?

https://imgur.com/a/hsAVe#Z0aCgdB

zioture
zioture

RedNEO

No, fake. But that's actually the first decent mock up I've seen.

ME4ME

RedNEO wrote:No, fake. But that's actually the first decent mock up I've seen.
I'm not so sure. There are some details which aren't normally drawn in fan-made mock ups. The S-duct is typical Mclaren, the bardgeboards look nicely sculpted and the rear brake ducts look interesting. Also the nose-mounted cameras are on the body of the car which they now must be.

Not saying it's real. But it could be.

bauc

This one has a bit better view of the stickers (Chandon, Castrol, #14 ect)

Could this be the real deal? [-o<
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

a1b2i3r45

RedNEO

ME4ME wrote:
RedNEO wrote:No, fake. But that's actually the first decent mock up I've seen.
I'm not so sure. There are some details which aren't normally drawn in fan-made mock ups. The S-duct is typical Mclaren, the bardgeboards look nicely sculpted and the rear brake ducts look interesting. Also the nose-mounted cameras are on the body of the car which they now must be.

Not saying it's real. But it could be.

Is it just me or does the rear tyre look slightly out of proportion? Otherwise it's definitely the best I've seen.

GTO99

The car seems to be so sitting on a raised pad. The bottom of the front tire is not in the same plane with the foreground. This could be why the rear tire looks so much bigger.
The whole car, including lighting looks cgi.

Thunder

Looks like what the MP4-31 would have looked like under the current regs. The Suspension Arms, the S-Duct... all fits the design language of the 31. So it could be quite close to the MCL32 in the End, although i don't think it's real. But a very nice Render nonetheless.

It's almost too good to be a Fan made thing. All the Details are nicely worked out.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

GPR-A duplicate2

Some of the details are quite amazing. Like the Radio antenna on the bulk head.

This is what Mercedes' looks like.

This is what MP 4-31 looks like. (Click on the link to maximize)

This is what the new rendering looks like.

The radio antenna is a perfect match to MP 4-31.
Last edited by GPR-A duplicate2 on 16 Feb 2017, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

gastonmazzacane

Re: McLaren MP4-32 Speculation Thread

WaikeCU wrote: So from what you're describing I'm imagining something a bit like this...:

http://s30.postimg.org/ehgstn341/mclaren.jpg

...Only that it would be more grey than silver and the orange a bit more orangey; perhaps the chevron around the cockpit is more like the McLaren swoosh shape?

If I had the photoshop skills, I'd show you what I mean - that could be quite nice though.
I think that's close tho. I think it's that orange. It's darker and somewhat red. So I think that's right. We just need to change the chrome color.

I've been googling around and my eye struck this:
http://www.bodeansauto.com/wp-content/u ... cept-1.jpg

I think it's this light grey, but with the darker orange like you've mentioned and some black bit and accents and I believe we have the livery of the new McLaren. We just have to wait a bit longer and find out. I'm curious as well on how it really looks like. Inside my mind I can imagine how it will be with my mate describing the picture he took and I hope it is like what I'm thinking.[/quote]

If this recent renderings are real...I guess you were right!

gastonmazzacane

Re: McLaren MP4-32 Speculation Thread

WaikeCU wrote:I've been googling around and my eye struck this:
http://www.bodeansauto.com/wp-content/u ... cept-1.jpg

I think it's this light grey, but with the darker orange like you've mentioned and some black bit and accents and I believe we have the livery of the new McLaren. We just have to wait a bit longer and find out. I'm curious as well on how it really looks like. Inside my mind I can imagine how it will be with my mate describing the picture he took and I hope it is like what I'm thinking.
If this recent renderings are real...I guess you were right!