Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
sauberfan
sauberfan

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Morteza

Via AMuS
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Mamba
Mamba

Not too many upgrades... :? Let's hope they will introduce more frequent but small upgrades. I'll trust they know more about the car and what to upgrade than we do! :lol:

Is it just the lighting or does the nose seem a bit more refined? A bit more rounded on the edges and thinner wing pillars?

MAMBA

motobaleno

Mamba wrote:
11 May 2017, 19:05
Not too many upgrades... :?
maybe compared to mercedes you are right...not so if compared to RB that should have presented a RB13 spec b or even RB14...

THRAK
THRAK

Altogether with changes to the main bargeboard, I think the outer black element is also new, in the way it merges with the main element at least (bottom arrow). Also the winglet near the SF cavallino, which has been moved back, is now fully attached to the body

For reference (China):

DVB

Looks good!

Maybe Ferrari didn't need the kind of upgrades Mercedes needed on an aero track like Barcelona. Where in Sochi, Bahrein, China and Aus, the engine could compensate somehow.
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

zioture
zioture

ripper
ripper

Ferrari already brought new fw, floor and some fins in previous races, so I didn't expect a huge package

zioture
zioture

ironrose
ironrose

Andrew Benson
Chief F1 writer in Barcelona

Ferrari have started this season off on the front foot, with two wins for Sebastian Vettel and the championship lead after four races - in fact the German is in the best place he has been after four races since 2011, and we all know what happened that year. The big question, though, is whether Ferrari can address a weakness of the last few years and keep up in the development race. They, too, have some upgrades this weekend, including refined barge boards, a more complex T-wing and a very intricate diffuser edge.

We got to see all the quoted upgrades above except for the Diffuser edge.. Anyone got any details on them. Someone seems to be having fun around the diffuser edge and was changed almost every race this season, not sure what they got for Spain ?

Sevach
Sevach

The diffuser edge has so many elements i'm not sure of anything.

BTW only Kimi had the new bits in FP1.

f1316
f1316

We've seen a few times this season Ferrari running a very different program on fp1&2 (remember all the talk of more Mercedes domination after Saturday in Australia?) and then Ferrari are much closer/ahead in FP3.

The upgrade doesn't look as big (btw are the vertical fins at the edges of the diffuser not new? [edit: ignore me, talking rubbish]) but we'll see what that translates to later in the weekend.
Last edited by f1316 on 12 May 2017, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Sevach
Sevach

Mamba
Mamba

Did Vettel run the upgraded parts in FP2? I never saw him with the new T-wing. Also, why die Kimi run without his T-wing?

MAMBA