Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Vanja #66

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

For those that ask, there are in total 4 combinations of RW and T-Wing, so they'll probably see which one of those best fits the circuit. All 4 have different downforce and drag levels, so it will be interesting. Also, I don't think this is a new T-wing design, just different paint-job compared to start of the season.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

shady

Im sure it hasnt gone unnoticed but the flow conditioners under the FW are a very interesting detail, they are no longer just flat planks, but have a contour to them. Something I dont think we saw last year.

CLKGTR

Ferrari SF70H low downforce rear wing for Montreal

https://maxf1.net/en/ferrari-sf70h-low- ... -montreal/

Sevach

ImageImage

roon

Still with the thick t-tray stay. Earlier in the thread I posted a closer image. Seems like there would be a shock absorbed in there. Why else would it be sized thusly? Williams use a big CF leaf spring within the tray, cantilevered off the chassis.

timbo

So the secret for speed was putting a Merc logo into an exhaust!

:lol:

roon

timbo wrote:
09 Jun 2017, 23:04

https://s18.postimg.org/a2j6v3du1/2017- ... -00-56.png

I could still see them benefitting from VTEC sticker & some glue-on engine vents.

Why would this be needed or advantageous though? Reinforcement for a thin-wall pipe? A post-turbine sensor? Straightening out twisted/turbulent exhaust flow?

ScrewCaptain27

roon wrote:
timbo wrote:

I could still see them benefitting from VTEC sticker & some glue-on engine vents.

Why would this be needed or advantageous though? Reinforcement for a thin-wall pipe? A post-turbine sensor? Straightening out twisted/turbulent exhaust flow?
It might be to straighten out the flow if you think about it
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

timbo

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 23:36
roon wrote:
timbo wrote:

It might be to straighten out the flow if you think about it
Maybe just for structural reinforcement? I imagine they are at the limit of what is possible as far as weight saving.

hollus

I'd say exhaust blocking. All teams converged at the absolute minimum exhaust size allowed by the regulations, so it would follow that the ideal size would be even smaller, probably for backpressure reasons. A blockge near the exit, the only place allowed in the regulations, would result in a smaller effective exhaust diameter. Of course, then you also straighten the flow with it.
Rivals, not enemies.

ME4ME

hollus wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 13:18
I'd say exhaust blocking. All teams converged at the absolute minimum exhaust size allowed by the regulations, so it would follow that the ideal size would be even smaller, probably for backpressure reasons. A blockge near the exit, the only place allowed in the regulations, would result in a smaller effective exhaust diameter. Of course, then you also straighten the flow with it.
Or aerodynamic reasons. Smaller diameter means higher flow speed to better blow the monkey seat.

hollus

The cross-section goes back to normal before the exit, though, which would slow down the flow again.
Rivals, not enemies.

F1NAC

Vettel's damage, credit to Gianlu D'Alessandro
Last edited by F1NAC on 12 Jun 2017, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

Vanja #66

Damn, that must've really hurt the balance of the car... Thanks for sharing
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie