Renault Sport F1 R.S.17

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Zynerji

Re: Renault Sport F1 R.S.17

PhillipM wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:The car smels like 2005......
Merc always touted chassis and engine integration for their success, and this looks like Renault took that to the extreme.

Could be the surprise of the paddock.
It certainly looks like it could leapfrog williams, much more detail on the car, but we'll see what's on the cars come the first race.
Taffin claims 2 upgrade packages before first race. This is already a mature car...

ME4ME

Zynerji wrote:Taffin claims 2 upgrade packages before first race. This is already a mature car...
Where did he say that? Source?

Certainly he said no such thing on Motorsport.com
“We think that between 0.3 – 0.4 seconds is what we want to achieve over the course of the season with in-season development,” he said.

“But all of that will only be possible if we have the reliability, because if we don’t have reliability it really screws your engine introduction plan. Then what you were supposed to bring for engine number two or engine number three will not be available because you have to fix your reliability issue.”
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... ne-875694/

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Car looks good but we don't know if they still have solved the mechanical grip issues of past or not. Since the hybrid engines era setup and balance issues have been the biggest complain, while aero has been a stable evolution even with the last minute PU change last year. Drivers have complained about understeer one corner then oversteer the second and that doesn't point towards weak aero IMHO.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Thunder

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thunders wrote: Is it me or does that Shark Fin raise a bitfrom Front to Back? Guess it is because the Air Intake is quite low?
The top edge of the shark fin is measured from the reference plane. The reference plane is angled (a.k.a. rake) so the fin is angled.

I hate the fin. :evil:
I'm aware of that but somehow it looked to me as if it was even more angled. Guess my Eyes just played tricks on me.

Edit: now that i look at the Car a bit more i think it was the Yellow stripe on top of the Shark Fin that gave me that illusion, it's not parallel to the top Edge.

Edit 2: Some inapropriate Adult only Material :twisted: Comparison 2016/2017. What a difference.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Blackout

rentta
rentta

It's kinda funny to see how much people are willing to spent time analyzing this car even though it's not Renault's actual 2017 car like Cyril Abiteboul said on live stream

Vladimir
Vladimir

This car is very well developed, and I think a long time ago. Looks so mature and just as a wining one.
But, the main strength is under the engine cover. This new engine seems so tight and well integrated in chaise, and air intake tells that new PU is also stronger than last year.

Vasconia

Thunders wrote:
Edit 2: Some inapropriate Adult only Material :twisted: Comparison 2016/2017. What a difference.
https://i.imgur.com/GJE8Y9z.png
As someone else has already posted .... that ass! the back looks great on these cars, I love it. The difference is enormous and the car seems to be more stuck to the ground.

Imido_30
Imido_30

Vladimir wrote:This car is very well developed, and I think a long time ago. Looks so mature and just as a wining one.
But, the main strength is under the engine cover. This new engine seems so tight and well integrated in chaise, and air intake tells that new PU is also stronger than last year.

Cyril Abiteboul stressed out that the engine and chassis are very well integrated, if you follow his facial expressions you will know what I mean

Quantum

The car does look good aesthetically, but I'm still trying to get used to the swept back rear wing. To my eyes, looks comical.

That flow conditioner under the front of the nose looks savage! Quite an extreme solution, but gives an idea of where Renault are in comparison to 2016.
"Interplay of triads"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Thunders wrote: Edit: now that i look at the Car a bit more i think it was the Yellow stripe on top of the Shark Fin that gave me that illusion, it's not parallel to the top Edge.
Yes, looking again I've also noticed the strip is thinner at the rear. Definitely increases the apparent angle of the top edge. A little optical illusion from Renault, thanks guys!
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

PlatinumZealot

Like the sauber too the cooling inl ts are very small and the engine seemingly shrink wrapped. Engineers got a better handle on the cooling loads.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

FW17

So what do you think is under there

Air-Air intercooler or Water-Air intercooler?

Blackout

Bob Bell says they found interesting solutions for the cooling...

Gridlock

But does it spray petrol out of its blowhole?

(Serious question. Still no clue what that was about)