Renault R28

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
jaho101

Re: Renault R28

I remember reading last year, when BMW put on their new front wing mid season, that the shape would be a lot more sensitive to setup change. How much will this be the case for Renault? Will this be an extremely inconsistent car or, is Renault confident in their setups?

elise787

Hi, new to the forum.
Does anyone noticed how low the renault drivers sit in the car? You can barely see their heads looking from the rear wheel towards the nose (photo R28_ontrack in the gallery).

jaho101

elise787 wrote:Hi, new to the forum.
Does anyone noticed how low the renault drivers sit in the car? You can barely see their heads looking from the rear wheel towards the nose (photo R28_ontrack in the gallery).
I think its been said quite a few times that Alonso prefers to sit lower than most f1 drivers, and the car is obviously going to be fitted to his preferences.

mx_tifoso

elise787 wrote:Hi, new to the forum.
Have you thought about the new regs stating that the head protection in the cockpit must be higher than last seasons :?:

Thats why most drivers seem to be "lower" inside the cockpit, although you could be talking about a whole different issue.

The higher cockpit protection was the first thing that came to my mind when I read your post.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ESPImperium

Fantastic pics, thanks loads!!!

ben_watkins

ESPImperium wrote:
Fantastic pics, thanks loads!!!
:D Glad you like em! It was a great tour, being able to sit in the car & change wheels etc! :D
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners