Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
segedunum
segedunum

Re: Ferrari F10

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely nothing to back up that list of used engines you made a few pages back. The team is not a reliable source for any information but you all don't seem to be getting that.

I'm not guessing at anything, it's you lot who are trying to read detailed information into something that isn't detailed at all.
Eitherway it's irrelevant. They'll be using the Monza/Interlagos engine at Abu Dhabi.
Assuming what you've managed to piece together is actually true, where there is no evidence that it is. :D

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

segedunum wrote:I'm sorry, but there is absolutely nothing to back up that list of used engines you made a few pages back. The team is not a reliable source for any information but you all don't seem to be getting that.

I'm not guessing at anything, it's you lot who are trying to read detailed information into something that isn't detailed at all.
Eitherway it's irrelevant. They'll be using the Monza/Interlagos engine at Abu Dhabi.
Assuming what you've managed to piece together is actually true, where there is no evidence that it is. :D
Your attempt at saving face is rather hilarious! The FIA and members of the Ferrari team are not reliable sources now? #-o In that case, there is little we can do to convince you, short of showing you a video of the engines being put in for each race (though even then, I doubt you'd be convinced).

marcush.
marcush.

very sad this kind of information is not supplied by the teams ...err wait ..has someone asked ,ever?

sinister
sinister

Gerhard Berger wrote:The FIA and members of the Ferrari team are not reliable sources now?
The FIA yes, Ferrari or any other team talking to the press, no it's not realiable, not at all.

forty-two

marcush. wrote:very sad this kind of information is not supplied by the teams ...err wait ..has someone asked ,ever?
For the technical fan, such information being published by the FIA during the season would add greatly to the spectacle and interest. Well, that's true for me at least.

If for example, I knew that Alonso, Webber and Vettel have no choice but to use an engine which has already used 90% of it's estimated life-span for the final race but Hamilton has say one engine with only 10% used available, that would be very interesting to know going into the last race.

Of course the teams would argue that access to such info would be a handicap as far as letting the other teams know is concerned, but it would be a level playing field, and would add a little transparency.

I don't see it happening any time soon though!
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

aral
aral

forty-two wrote:
marcush. wrote:very sad this kind of information is not supplied by the teams ...err wait ..has someone asked ,ever?
For the technical fan, such information being published by the FIA during the season would add greatly to the spectacle and interest. Well, that's true for me at least.

If for example, I knew that Alonso, Webber and Vettel have no choice but to use an engine which has already used 90% of it's estimated life-span for the final race but Hamilton has say one engine with only 10% used available, that would be very interesting to know going into the last race.

Of course the teams would argue that access to such info would be a handicap as far as letting the other teams know is concerned, but it would be a level playing field, and would add a little transparency.

I don't see it happening any time soon though!
There are pages and pages of comments about what engine is being used etc. It is up to the teams to decide which ones to use, and it makes no difference if it was used in Monza, Melbourne etc. Anyway, the FIA media centre does quote the engine number after scrutiny.

adrianjordan

segedunum wrote:I'm sorry, but there is absolutely nothing to back up that list of used engines you made a few pages back. The team is not a reliable source for any information but you all don't seem to be getting that.

Yep, and we only have the teams word for it that those four round black things at each corner of the car are really tyres...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

zgred

segedunum
segedunum

Gerhard Berger wrote:Your attempt at saving face is rather hilarious! The FIA and members of the Ferrari team are not reliable sources now?
Hmmmmm. I hate to break this to you, but no information of the sort that you've provided comes from the FIA. It comes from what titbits the team throw out in interviews, so no, it's not reliable because the engine situation for each team is a obviously a sensitive competitive issue.

Put simply, that detailed list of what engines you think have been used at what races and practice sessions is total speculation on your part. You did attempt to provide a 'source' to 'save face' for this a few pages back but all we can confirm is when a team has changed an engine, which gives us no idea at all about their engine situation.

All Fernando Alonso will confirm, rather tersely, for this weekend is that he is using one of his eight engines for Friday and another for Saturday and Sunday......

autogyro
autogyro

IMO Ferrari are scrapping the barrel on engines.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Here you can see the new bigger exhaust entry into the diffuser (from Brazil) (click for high-res):

Compared to the old entry (here in Japan):

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

what the hell is going on in the left side of this picture? Look at that pipe next to the crash structure and the messed up diffuser!

donskar
donskar

Now that the season is over, it might be worth summarizing the F10. (I can't comment on references to photos referred to in recent posts, because our feindish IT guys have prevented graphics from coming through. In fact, this is the ONLY F1-related site I can access the "technical" fools the Internet thought police?)

The F10was a very good car, and Aldo Costa and team deserve a little more respect than they usually receive. Yes, it was boring -- not much in the way of ground-breaking design (aside from the wheels!), but it was competitive everywhere and a dog nowhere. If not for the engine-related problems, a championship was likely. And I wouldn't blame Costa for engine problems any more than Newey for any shortcomings in the Renault motor.
Last edited by donskar on 21 Nov 2010, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

timbo
timbo

donskar wrote:but it was competitive everywhere and a doh nowhere
It had a Turkey slump.
But overall yeah.
A nice car, it seems.
I think they'd have been better had they spent more time optimizing the setups etc., early in the season without rushing f-duct too much.

wrcsti
wrcsti

imightbewrong wrote:what the hell is going on in the left side of this picture? Look at that pipe next to the crash structure and the messed up diffuser!
notice the position of the right exhaust. Its not an ebd anymore. Im guessing they might be trying a new style of ebd for next year since they can blow through the difuser.