Lotus T127 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
agip

Re: Lotus T127

Does anyone know the meaning of those leters in the Team Lotus logo? :?:

FW17

agip wrote:Does anyone know the meaning of those leters in the Team Lotus logo? :?:

ACBC - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman

Blackout

nacho

I think they could make that logo a bit better, it seems off a bit, the typography of the TEAM LOTUS text. I think the old Team Lotus never used that logo, I think they had the Lotus-logo and Team Lotus text on the side of the cockpit. I've seen a Team Lotus logo with the Team text above and Lotus below the ACBC, looked nicer that way.

ESPImperium

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87198

Looking like Team Lotus are gonna go with a pull rod for the rear end next year, and with the smallest gearbox on the grid as well, this will reduce their wheelbase as well potentially. Also coupled with the RS27 Renault engine, the Lotus car will take a massive leap forward, id say thats easily 2.5% whitch would put them right in the area that Sauber and Williams will be in next year going on potential driver match-ups and performances.

raymondu999

Looks like Gascoyne is readying an RB6 copycat sans diffuser :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

wesley123

yes seems like it lol.

But i dont know what to think about it, the Red Bull system isnt that reliable, the renault system itself is much more reliable.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ell66

ESPImperium wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87198

Looking like Team Lotus are gonna go with a pull rod for the rear end next year, and with the smallest gearbox on the grid as well, this will reduce their wheelbase as well potentially. Also coupled with the RS27 Renault engine, the Lotus car will take a massive leap forward, id say thats easily 2.5% whitch would put them right in the area that Sauber and Williams will be in next year going on potential driver match-ups and performances.
how do you know its the smallest gearbox? dont be fooled just because newey packages everything so tight.

Blackout

raymondu999 wrote:Looks like Gascoyne is readying an RB6 copycat sans diffuser :?
RB5

Blackout

nacho wrote:I think they could make that logo a bit better, it seems off a bit, the typography of the TEAM LOTUS text. I think the old Team Lotus never used that logo, I think they had the Lotus-logo and Team Lotus text on the side of the cockpit. I've seen a Team Lotus logo with the Team text above and Lotus below the ACBC, looked nicer that way.
you mean this :

team lotus also used the one I posted; this one, but rarely, :

Blackout

raymondu999

Blackout wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Looks like Gascoyne is readying an RB6 copycat sans diffuser :?
RB5
Other than the diffuser, or the f-duct, why would they not copy the class of the field? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

dren

They should have the EBD, but in what form? Something like what Mclaren has now maybe?
Honda!

ESPImperium

ell66 wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87198

how do you know its the smallest gearbox? dont be fooled just because newey packages everything so tight.
Was said to be by Patrick Head on the BBC1 5LiveF1 coverage at Canada, the Red Bull one is the smallest on the grid, with the Xtrac one being the largest.

To venture off topic, this has also just said to me that the Toro Rosso team is close to a sale. As murmors have been afoot for a while about that teams sale and the fact they need more investment at Faenza.

pipex

Scarbs blog says that the new gearbox will be designed in part (or completely) by Lotus... Maybe Lotus will design the gearbox casing and the suspension attachment points? I remember reading that there are some people in Lotus that were from the gearbox/hydraulics department at Toyota.
"We will have to wait and see".