Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
univex
univex

Re: Red Bull RB6

raymondu999 wrote:I'm fine with the notion that the software is helping Vettel. It's just I don't agree that the new software is hindering Mark. If the software helps the car's driveability on traction it would help both drivers.
I don't think it suggests at all that it hinders Mark it just means that the software now equalises an aspect of the car that better suited Marks style.

raymondu999

In that case, yes, *relatively* it hinders Mark. If that is true.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Great view of the underside in FP3.

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

adrianjordan

mx_tifosi wrote:Great view of the underside in FP3.

Does anyone know what that small silver doohicky at the top right on the inside of the nose cone might be? I mean obviously it's a connector of some kind, but what do you guys think it might be for?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

univex
univex

adrianjordan wrote:Does anyone know what that small silver doohicky at the top right on the inside of the nose cone might be? I mean obviously it's a connector of some kind, but what do you guys think it might be for?
It connects the lever to lower the front of the car! :lol:

Blackout

FW mecanism connector (silver cicle)

marcush.
marcush.

electrical connector..
we got Front wing actuation + cameras .

So that´s :Bat+ ,Ground,signal to move the actuators,2 feedback signals(or two signal lines if you got two actuators,and the camera signals ..is this a digital signal ?

you could of course do the actuator thing with CAN ...so instead of having a pwm (or whatever) you could also have it lopped into the bussystem ...Anyone in the know how it is done with the mandatory ECU?

PaulB

Temporary I thought. Red Bull have no adjustable front wing, but wehn you said "camera" - everything is clear! Thanks.

Does somebody know, where the TAG-310B electonic box is placed?

Greetings!
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/

marcush.
marcush.

according to their pitradio they do have adjustable wing (by actuation not speed bending! :mrgreen: )
in one race webber was informed by his race engineer the actuator had jammed according to their data and he should leave things as they are and not try to change setings anymore..

PaulB

marcush. wrote:according to their pitradio they do have adjustable wing (by actuation not speed bending! :mrgreen: )
in one race webber was informed by his race engineer the actuator had jammed according to their data and he should leave things as they are and not try to change setings anymore..
But i can't find any control devices for the adjustment. Look at the side Plates http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gall ... 227wri.jpg
there is no opnion to chanche the angle - okay, except the airflow, which presses down the wing.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/

marcush.
marcush.

That´s true for the renault,mercedes and force india(?) as well they have put the adjuster inside the thick fin/strake more inboard of the wing assembly ,possibly even moving to a single actuator between the wing stays for the Mercedes case (not sure about this but it looks like they have a bellcrank type actuation since 20108last year all was hidden in the strake.

Sean H
Sean H

PaulB wrote:Temporary I thought. Red Bull have no adjustable front wing, but wehn you said "camera" - everything is clear! Thanks.

Does somebody know, where the TAG-310B electonic box is placed?

Greetings!
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

wesley123
wesley123

that is not red bulls end plate as those have 'mobile' written on it and have an horizontal fence. Red bull doesnt got this fence and has 'Total' on it. The end plate you showed are from Toro Rosso
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

esbjornzon
esbjornzon

wesley123 wrote:that is not red bulls end plate as those have 'mobile' written on it and have an horizontal fence. Red bull doesnt got this fence and has 'Total' on it. The end plate you showed are from Toro Rosso

true, the RB6 has slots in it, STR5 doesn't.

zgred