Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:52 am

That "Mobile" logo on the back of the front wing has also changed to "Renault".
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare
Morteza
 
Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:16 am

This backing on the splitter is away:
Image
Source:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/bild ... 024&sort=1
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/
PaulB
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Location: Milton Keynes/UK

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:15 am

PaulB wrote:This backing on the splitter is away:
Source:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/bild ... 024&sort=1


The support? I don't think it was there at last weeks race either...
"Unbelievable how silly this Formula 1 is these days, with this stupid overtakes."
—Sebastian Vettel, 2012 US GP
Diesel
 
Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Location: ...

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:42 am

Diesel wrote:
PaulB wrote:This backing on the splitter is away:
Source:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/bild ... 024&sort=1


The support? I don't think it was there at last weeks race either...

It was out since Korea, IIRC.
Arunas
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2010

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:51 am

Looks like our world champion is wearing the helmet he wore in Hockenheim?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法
raymondu999
 
Joined: 4 Feb 2010

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Arunas wrote:
Diesel wrote:
PaulB wrote:This backing on the splitter is away:
Source:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/bild ... 024&sort=1


The support? I don't think it was there at last weeks race either...

It was out since Korea, IIRC.


Okay, thank you. Sorry for my bad english :?
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/
PaulB
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Location: Milton Keynes/UK

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Diesel wrote:It's probably more to do with Renault becoming an engine supplier.

Since new contract from Brazil, Renault does have more space in RB6 including Helmets and Rear Wing.
H.Lyoud
 
Joined: 17 May 2010

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:01 pm

From Scarbs on twitter:
Red Bull & Haynes will release a RB6 workshop manual in July, detailing its anatomy, design, operation, set up. At last a good F1tech book


That's just awesome. Hope it's laid out in the same way Haynes has always done it. Can you imagine. Lol. Section 1. General maintenance. Checking Tyre pressures. Changing your oil filter. Changing you Air Filter.
gibells
 
Joined: 8 Apr 2009
Location: Andalucia, Spain

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:15 am

gibells wrote:From Scarbs on twitter:
Red Bull & Haynes will release a RB6 workshop manual in July, detailing its anatomy, design, operation, set up. At last a good F1tech book


That's just awesome. Hope it's laid out in the same way Haynes has always done it. Can you imagine. Lol. Section 1. General maintenance. Checking Tyre pressures. Changing your oil filter. Changing you Air Filter.


Chapter 3, ensuring your front wing bends just enough
Chapter 4, how to make your splitter articulate so that pesky plank stays off the deck

Seriously though, I might purchase this book if it turns out to be any good.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?
forty-two
 
Joined: 1 Mar 2010

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Haynes Manul was released today. Did anyone else get it???

I got mine from Amazon today and its a great source of information. Plenty of insight and plenty of good quality pictures, not to mention a telemetry trace for Silverstone from a lap of the track from Webber and a couple of nice pics of how the RB6 looks thrugh CFD. The explination of the F-Duct is a really good one as well.
ESPImperium
 
Joined: 5 Apr 2008
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:42 am

ESPImperium wrote:Haynes Manul was released today. Did anyone else get it???

I got mine from Amazon today and its a great source of information. Plenty of insight and plenty of good quality pictures, not to mention a telemetry trace for Silverstone from a lap of the track from Webber and a couple of nice pics of how the RB6 looks thrugh CFD. The explination of the F-Duct is a really good one as well.


Yes ESP, I got my copy last night. Fantastic detail in the 'manual'. Looks like the 6 is going to be up there on the shelf with the classics. The book provides amazing details which I hadn't yet seen. Definitely worth a read.

It was just a pity they didn't structure it in the traditional Haynes way. Like how to change the oil and filter, fitting a stereo, changing the clutch, etc. Lol.
gibells
 
Joined: 8 Apr 2009
Location: Andalucia, Spain

Previous

Return to F1 Car Hardware & Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blaze1, CCBot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], RSS Junkie [Deamon], Tweetmeme [Bot] and 10 guests